Program/Project Management - IT Project Manager Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Normal, IL 61761, US
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency, seeks a Program/Project Management - IT Project Manager to join our team at our client’s site in Normal, IL.
This is what you’ll do:
Responsible for full life- cycle of projects from initiation to completion on all IT Capabilities related to the buildout of new work or retail spaces. Apply IT project management methodology and appropriate project management framework for all projects. Develop requests for proposals (RFPs) to engage third-party installers. Successfully initiate, plan, execute and close all project deliverables as committed.
Responsible for managing the overall planning, execution, and delivery of projects including:
- Defining the project scope, roles, tasks, milestones, budgets, and measures of success
- Developing project estimates and plans to manage the end-to-end project execution
- Ensuring business requirements are captured accurately and completely
- Creating and maintaining project documentation
- Facilitating day-to-day coordination while adhering to standards and sponsor expectations.
- Acting as the link between the assigned project resources and key stakeholders.
- Ensuring project closure including completion of lessons learned and required documentation.
- Use disciplined project management methodology to define scope, develop the project plan, and execute projects that adhere to guidelines and deliver within cost and schedule.
- Good cross IT and business communication, influence, and negotiation are required.
- Responsible for tracking project status and managing project issues and risks including:
- Monitoring projects on an ongoing basis, evaluating progress/quality, managing issue resolution
- Managing the process to assess gaps and develop action plans to address these gaps
- Monitoring financial delivery and issue management processes, and escalating issues
- Promoting and monitoring compliance activities with audit and information policies
- Develop robust project risk management plans to ensure timely delivery, testing, and commissioning of all projects with no impact on business continuity
- Review action items from the design/construction meetings and follow through with the closure of the action items.
- Follow through Facilities projects with each facility and report out to the construction team.
- Responsible for building and leading effective project teams including:
- Using problem-solving/critical thinking skills, and independent thinking to overcome challenges.
- Communication to project team members, key stakeholders, and sponsors
- Adapting to cultural and organizational climates across a global team.
- Manage individual work styles and development of project staff
- Serve as primary contact to senior department managers for critical change initiatives within a highly matrixed environment.
- Work with a cross-functional team, contractors, and vendors to deliver critical projects.
This is what you’ll need:
- Bachelor's degree required; Advance degree in IT-related field or extensive experience in the implementation and deployment of IT-related infrastructure in the construction industry.
- 7+ years related IT Infrastructure PM experience; preferably in a large, global organization.
- 7+ years of experience in managing IT Infrastructure projects in corporate and retail environments.
- 5-7 years of experience in project management within the construction field.
- Experience in the automotive industry is highly desired.
- Comfortable reading and understanding blueprints and drawings.
- A high degree of familiarity with contract and subcontract documents, terms, and conditions
- PMI PMP certification desired.
- Project management skills. Knowledge of project management vocabulary and terminology.
- Strong knowledge of the construction process including the understanding of terminology, permits, and architectural, electrical, network drawings.
- Strong knowledge of the installation and management of Audio/Visual Equipment, Low Voltage cabling, network, and security equipment.
- Extensive experience with the engagement and management of third-party installers
- Strong communication, negotiation, analytic, and critical thinking skills. Ability to work collaboratively.
- Ability to shift focus very quickly and adjust to rapidly changing priorities.
- Creative and resourceful when it comes to managing large implementations and aggressive timelines.
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills. Cultural adaptability. Virtual and remote team management ability. Independent and innovative spirit. Flexible and responsive to input.
- Experienced with Project Management tools like MS Project or equivalent
- Proficient with MS Office tools
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry. Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.