Program Manager Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Burbank, CA 91505, US
Management - Non-Technical
Contract to Perm
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Program Manager to join our team at our client’s site in Burbank, CA.
Our cutting edge Digital Streaming Client is seeking a highly motivated Program Manager / Release Train Engineer (RTE) to join their team for a contract to hire remote opportunity.
- Serve as the “air traffic controller” guiding projects and objectives to deliver against aggressive timelines
- Contribute to the Planning and logistics of the PI Planning Event on a quarterly basis
- Partner with Agile Team Scrum Masters, product owners, and engineering to ensure successful delivery against PI commitments and complex projects.
- Communicate with the business around teams velocity and projects health not just for your own teams but supporting the PMO in reporting on all teams’ status -progress, risks, capacity issues, roadblocks and other key performance indicators as required, the good, bad and the ugly through the various artifacts of scrum of scrum (i.e. backlogs to burn down charts), status reports and just common-sense communication efforts.
- Prepare and manage project plans, documentation, risk mitigation and resource management as needed for cross-team initiatives and large projects/programs and act as liaison between cross-functional teams (design, engineering, editorial, sales and marketing) to drive end-to-end development of products to market.
What you bring to the team:
You have –
- Agile SAFe certification and experience as an Agile Release Train Engineer (RTE) in at least one (1) previous company.
- 7-10 years of scrum master experience, leading multiple scrum teams and large, complex deliveries.
- Program management experience tracking complex direct-to-consumer projects from start to finish.
- Ability to coach AND provide transformation guidance.
- Scrum Master certification with deep understanding all things Agile (Scrum, Kanban and other methodologies) including the ceremonies of backlog grooming, standups, sprint planning, sprint review and retrospective.
- Experience working in Web and Mobile Applications development teams in technologies such as HTML, CSS, JS, PHP, IOS, ANDROID
- Strong communication and status sharing skills, and excellent listening skills
- Willing to travel between Los Angeles and San Francisco CA on a regular basis (every month).
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
You might also have –
- Certified Scaled Agile Program Consultant certification
- Knowledge of video streaming products on Mobile, Desktop, OTT and Smart TV screens
- PMP Certification or similar Program/Project Management certification
- Experience with Content Management Systems, Publishing Systems, Digital Media sites
- Basic proficiency and general understanding of standard development software
- Release management experience across Web, Mobile Applications and OTT platforms to customers
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry. Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.