Production Control Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Louisville, CO, US
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Production Control to join our team at our client’s site in Louisville, CO.
Our Client is looking for a Production Specialist to join their Space Systems Team. The team is responsible for the design and manufacturing of rocket engines and components, systems that sustain life in deep space, as well as systems and satellites that improve life here on Earth. The work of our Space Systems team not only supports the U.S. government (including NASA), but also commercial customers and international organizations
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Develops and maintains detailed production schedules to establish sequence and lead times of each operation/task to meet completion dates defined by contract milestones
- Provides planned release, in-shop, and completion dates to Material Planning for program planned Work Orders for the initial schedule
- Works closely with Manufacturing Engineering, Production Management and Test Management to develop the build sequence and duration of fabrication, assembly, installation, test and other manufacturing operations for the guidance of all program team members
- Prepares and releases production work packages
- Confers with Production Supervisor and Test Manager for WIP status regarding progress and problems
- Provides program status to Program Manager and program team members through the Program Production Schedule and other reports
- Coordinates with program team members to address problems, providing scheduling alternatives and workarounds including rework schedules
- Coordinates with Material Planning to assure availability and timeliness of materials and parts required to support established schedules
- Supports proposal activities with regard to resource impact of current and future work
- Records weekly status of assigned program, progress and setbacks with goals for the following week
- Closes out work packages, which includes putting the "As Built Records" into an archive state
- HS Degree in related discipline plus:
- Experience in the manufacturing environment (preferably government contracting) and strong knowledge of production and material control processes
- Computer proficiency in MS Access, MS Excel and Outlook is required
- Excellent communication, problem solving, interpersonal and decision-making skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Possess the ability to handle multiple tasks with frequent interruptions
- Experience in MS Project, MS PowerPoint and Visio is desired.
- Experience with a MRP II production scheduling system or MRP I material management software is preferred
- APICS certification is preferred
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry. Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.