Product Marketing Manager Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Nashville, TN 37211, US
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Product Marketing Manager to join our team at our client’s site in Nashville, TN.
Reporting into Marketing, the Product Marketing Manager role carries a high level of responsibility, as the focus of the role will be on driving the successful messaging, positioning, and go-to-market strategy of all product lines – backed by strategic marketing insights, customer research, market evidence (including competitors), and product life cycle analysis.
At our client, Product Marketing is a highly cross-functional role, partnering closely with Product and Engineering, Sales, Design, Client Success, and Training to name a few. You will act as a subject matter expert (SME) on either the Lending or Construction market, our buyers, our users, and competitors, and will effectively transfer that knowledge to the Sales, Marketing, and Product teams. To thrive in this role, you will need to be a highly collaborative team member with a can-do attitude who can quickly break down problems, recognize opportunities, and work with cross-functional teams to deliver creative and effective solutions.
In this Role, You Will:
- Understand the customers’ needs, buyer/user personas, and journey, know how they use the product
- Advocate for our existing and prospective users, be informed about our competitive landscape and become the go-to expert for your product area to help shape the product roadmap and strategy
- Conduct customer and market surveys, focus groups, and user forums to build feedback loops and share insight across product, marketing, and sales
- Conduct market and competitive research to better understand and evangelize market trends and apply key learnings to product roadmap and marketing strategy
- Use customer and market insight to help product teams decide which features should be part of product road-map, develop user stories, and help focus development on the value to the customer
- Be the internal advocate and product expert to train the sales team on our personas, use cases, new products/product features
- Ensure that the sales organization is adequately prepared to compete by driving timely creation of sales support tools including collateral, sales presentations, corporate presentations, white papers, testimonials, product sheets, etc. – working in tandem with Content and Marketing teams
- Assess the effectiveness of the marketing programs that support your products on an ongoing basis, and report back to the business on required changes
- BA/BS or equivalent working experience
- 2-5 years of experience in product marketing, product management, operational roles, and/or strategy consulting
- At least 2 years of product marketing or go-to-market experience; experience working in technology or platform companies is preferred
- Proven track record of successful product launches, ability to convert technical language into value-oriented messaging, and creating highly effective sales materials
- Excellent communication, presentation, writing, editing, and project management skills
- Highly analytical and able to derive meaning from data through testing and optimization
- Passion for working in an agile, fast-paced organization, and desire to own and refine processes and deliver value quickly
- Adept at juggling many projects at once, working cross-functionally, while never losing sight of the core message and goal behind your work
- Prefer working in a collaborative, cross-team capacity – this role requires you to work across functions and departments such as sales, product, marketing, finance to bring to life the product. You are at the center of product releases, constantly interacting with multiple teams
- The right candidate is a creative thinker that can understand deep technical topics and has a data-driven mindset to clearly track how product updates and positioning affect pipeline, revenue, and retention metrics
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry. Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.