Product Manager-Video Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
San Francisco, CA 94501, US
9+ Month Contract
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Product Manager-Video to join our team at our client’s site in San Francisco, CA.
Our cutting edge Media client is looking for a Senior Technical Product Manager.
As the Video Product Manager, you will act as a product owner for the central Video Technology group.
You will perform technical and platform due-diligence to identify vendors and technology solutions for all products.
You will work with other central teams within to ensure video tech products mesh well with other internal systems and content creator workflows.
You will also be responsible for working with video tech QA coordinator to design test cases, make sure products are tested in time for scheduled releases.
- Define, deliver, and measure progress against OKRs in your domain in service of the larger organizational and company-wide OKRs
- Serve as the customer voice in development ceremonies for multiple squads in the Video Technology Group
- Foster strong working relationships with stakeholders, serving as the platform/product evangelist for the products within your domain
- Own product KPIs. Measure and improve upon QoS / QoE metrics
- Be ahead of customer needs; conduct competitive analysis of alternative solutions with the aim of closing feature gaps and strengthening the value propositions of the products within your domain
- In partnership with Engineering Leadership, execute on several initiatives concurrently, with a remote & distributed team, while managing priority shifts, dependency/sequence considerations, and injections against sprint objectives
- Drive quarterly planning for products in your domain through scoping, estimating, and prioritizing initiatives and features in service of your OKRs
- Keep internal and external stakeholders informed of roadmaps; negotiate priority, sequence and scope of delivery with an aim towards optimising business value
- Using your domain expertise, take initiative and proactively find ways to remove barriers in moving initiatives forward in order to drive customer adoption
- 2+ years of experience with end to end product delivery leading complex media, technology or product launches in the consumer software industry
- 5+ years of experience as a product manager, technical program manager, or related engineering or operations role
- Streaming video acumen: video compression, AAC video and audio codec standards, live and VOD content delivery, packaging formats, signal acquisition protocols and http streaming formats (HLS/DASH)
- Strong understanding of application development, API contracts and transactions, and repository processes
- You are intently focused on the vision, strategy, and delivery of quality software, regardless of the challenges
- Understanding of user research methodologies, prototyping practices, and A/B test planning/execution
- Proven ability as an individual contributor to establish rapport, credibility and influence to attain results across a large, matrixed organization
- Strong verbal/written communication and data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Experience managing large teams on complex high-profile projects; are viewed as the “go-to” individual with strong attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills
- Working knowledge of various development methodologies including Agile, Kanban, Waterfall; ability to speak to the pros/cons of each
- Experience working with remote and global teams
You might also have:
- Experience within the media entertainment industry is highly desirable and strongly recommended
- Familiarity working with GitHub projects and “Aha!” product roadmapping software is a plus
- Strong technical acumen, fundamental knowledge of key cloud technologies and tools (AWS, Azure, Docker, GCP, Terraform, Kubernetes)
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry. Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.