Principle Software Engineer Lead Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Aurora, CO 80011, US
Contract to Perm
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Principle Software Engineer Lead with Java or C++ experience and an Active TS/SCI to join our team at our client’ s site in Aurora, Colorado. CI Polygraph is very helpful.
Our client has an opportunity for a Principal Software Engineer. This position will support and lead a 2-3 person software team that develops modifications and enhancements to existing software systems, and supports the development and integration of new mission capabilities. This position will support an evolving system with opportunities for the candidate to provide technical input and direction. The candidate is expected to be self-directed, able to multi-task and prioritize work, possess excellent problem solving skills, have strong written and verbal communication skills, is customer focused, and organized. The candidate is expected to lead and participate in the entire software life-cycle including architecture, development, test, and installation. The candidate will follow our clients engineering process as well as other government mandated processes during the life cycle of systems they will maintain. The position allows for a flexible schedule but generally requires daytime support during core hours, with occasional after hours call in support for a 24x7 operations team to resolve issues based on mission criticality and management guidance.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Software development in JAVA and/or C++ within the context of the full software development lifecycle, including: software requirements, design, development, debug and test.
- Demonstrated ability to integrate complex software and hardware subsystems and resolve identified conflicting issues.
- Support to the design, develop, integrate and maintain new software functionality.
- Demonstrated ability to leverage previously written code and make modifications as necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with other disciplines (systems engineering, networking, configuration management, and hardware engineers) to troubleshoot and fix problems.
- Team player incorporating a team based success philosophy.
- Proven communicator, able to describe complex and diverse engineering topics.
- Taking a leadership role for design teams and provide technical oversight to the team members.
- Lead design reviews, team meetings, program and customer meetings as needed.
- Lead design performance & cost trade-offs for proposed engineering changes.
- Prepare and manage man-power loading across the period of performance.
- Work with program manager and functional management to align staffing needs with appropriation of assignments.
- Candidate should have strong leadership and be able to effectively manage technical staff for successful execution of programs, while maintaining and developing positive team dynamics.
- Support the professional development of team members and ensure senior technical personnel "pass on" knowledge to more junior personnel.
- Must have 8 years of experience plus a B.S./B.A. in Engineering, Computer Science, or Software Engineering or possess the equivalent of 16 years applicable experience in lieu of a degree.
- Proficiency in C++, JAVA, versioning control, and documenting bugs/fixes in a UNIX/Linux environment.
- Demonstrated experience leading a software development team and ability to work effectively in a dynamic technical environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work to a schedule and meet deliverable dates.
- Must be able to perform all aspects of the software development lifecycle to include requirements definition and design, Use Case development, software development, testing and maintenance.
- Respond to operational issues and troubleshoot discrepancies written against the system.
- Develop and test resolutions to discrepancies and enhancements.
- Develop and update documentation affected by software changes and ensures software standards are met.
- Knowledge of troubleshooting, testing, fixing & configuration management techniques and tools.
- Must be a self-starter who works well within a team environment
- Candidates must have good interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Must be able to support core hours 9am-3pm.
- Must have a current DODI 8570.1-M IAT Level I certification or must obtain the certification within first 60 days of employment.
- Qualified applicants may be subject to a security investigation and must meet minimum qualifications for access to classified information. U.S. Citizenship and an active TS/SCI security clearance with previous polygraph is required.
- Proficiency in Unix, Linux, and Windows Operating Systems and development environment
- Experience with TCPIP sockets
- Knowledge of troubleshooting, testing, fixing & configuration management techniques and tools
- Must be a self-starter who works well within a team environment
- Experience in satellite, ground, and/or communications systems development
- Experience programming Field Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGA)
- SQL databases
- Custom hardware interfaces
- OS drivers
Required Education (including Major):
Must have a BS Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline and a minimum of 8 years relevant experience – OR – possess the equivalent of 16 years direct experience in lieu of a degree.
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry. Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.