PRINCIPAL SYSTEMS ENGINEER Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Aurora, CO 80011, US
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a PRINCIPAL SYSTEMS ENGINEER to join our team at our client s site in Aurora, Colorado.
We are looking for an Infrastructure / DevOps Architect on an Infrastructure Automation Team who would be responsible for overseeing and improving GPS platform s over-arching design; looking for improvement in primarily in the O/S, COTS stack, (O/S skills, Chef/Automation, repeatable infrastructure deployments). This includes operating systems, server hardware, and configuration of private cloud environment using VMware. The ideal candidate will also be responsible for inspecting and improving the hardware infrastructure as well, including the compute server, storage, and network architecture overall; consisting of several complex compute environments that form the backbone for the operational deployment of a critical, strategic national asset; communicate any risks or issues involving system performance, availability, or security. In addition, the Infrastructure Architect will work with the team to plan for future improvements and fixes while ensuring that any changes follow the project s change management processes. This position may require some on call support and overtime as well as limited (<20%) travel as required for installation and troubleshooting support.
- US Citizenship and able to obtain DOD Secret Clearance is required
- Experience in designing private cloud architectures, especially in the area of compute servers
- Proficiency in matching system requirements (specific user or VM requirements) to compute capabilities (RAM, single-threaded speed, total throughput) and the knowledge and ability to select specific types of compute servers to meet those requirements.
- Experience with the architecture and design of COTS Infrastructure (IT)
- Ability to prepare and present status, plans, and risks to management
- General working knowledge of networks, storage, and virtualization
- Understanding of Change Management processes - Version Control of software and applications using ClearCase and familiarity with DR s, CR s, and IR s written with ClearQuest
- Proficient working knowledge of networks, storage, and virtualization (VMware)
- The ability to effectively plan their own work and the work of others on the team
- Background in COTS product installation
- Experience with automation tools such as Chef (preferred), Puppet, Ansible, SaltStack, Fabric or similar products for O/S builds, software installation and configuration
- Experience with DISA STIGs
- Experience with Windows and/or Linux System Administration
- Scripting skills (i.e. PowerShell, Python, Ruby, bash, etc.)
Requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) with emphasis in Computer science, Computer Engineering and 8 years of related work experience
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry. Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.