Platform Infrastructure Design Principal Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Dulles, VA 20101, US
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Platform Infrastructure Design Principal Engineer to join our team at our client’s site in Dulles, VA.
Our clients team is seeking a Principal Infrastructure Engineer who feeds off the opportunity of rolling up their sleeves to take on meaningful problems each and every day. The Principal Infrastructure Engineer will join a team responsible for platform infrastructure design for a critical national asset. This includes operating system, COTS Stack, server, network and storage hardware design, and configuration of private cloud environments. The ideal candidate will possess extensive knowledge and experience with network infrastructure technologies, services, operations, and security. This position may require some on call support and overtime as well and limited (<20%) travel as required for installation and troubleshooting support.
An existing US Government Secret security clearance is required for this position.
- Minimum of (8)+ years of progressively responsible experience designing COTS infrastructure and private cloud environments
- Proficiency in matching system requirements to compute capabilities and the knowledge and ability to select specific hardware and infrastructure to meet those requirements
- Proficient working knowledge of networks, storage, and virtualization (VMware)
- Proficient at building, and configuring servers running Linux RHEL
- Knowledge and experience with Application and Security protocols, such as Solarwinds, HBSS, Certificates & Tokens, RSA, McAfee SIEM, McAfee IPS/IDS, Rubrik Host Backup System, SAN storage, and Active Directory
- Demonstrated knowledge of EMC Unity storage
- Knowledge and experience in the design, implementation and support of VMware’s product line
- Experience in working with highly hardened/secure environments
- Adjust quickly to changing priorities
- High level of motivation, self-starter
- Process Oriented
- Background in COTS product installation
- Experience with automation tools such as Chef (preferred), Puppet, Ansible, SaltStack, Fabric or similar products for O/S builds, software installation and configuration
- Experience with DISA STIGs
- Experience with Windows and/or Linux System Administration
- Scripting skills (i.e. PowerShell, Python, Ruby, bash, etc.)
A degree in Science, Technology Engineering or Math (STEM), or related STEM degree program in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Information Technology and 8 years of relatable experience.
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry. Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.