Payroll Specialist Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Falls Church, VA 22042, US
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Payroll Specialist to join our team at our client’s site in Falls Church, VA.
The Payroll Specialist will process weekly multi-state payroll, which includes, but is not limited to timesheet collection, earnings, deductions, tax withholdings, direct deposit, PTO, garnishments, allowances, severance payments, hourly expense reimbursement, validations, and reconciliation for approximately 1, 500 team members. The Payroll Specialist will comply with the policies/procedures of our client’s Contracting, affiliated unions, federal, state, and other regulatory agencies, as well as individual project requirements.
· Timely and accurate processing of weekly multi-state payroll using Ceridian Dayforce and Workday, JD Edwards interface (accounting system).
· Weekly payroll audits including but not limited to timesheets, labor expense, posting/billing rates, and the general ledger interface.
· Additional activities include void and reissue transactions, labor corrections, and certified payroll transactions.
· Responsible for calculating any out-of-cycle payments and completing the manual check process.
· Prepare and process monthly reports and remittance of union dues and fringe benefits, and maintain and update union rates, in compliance with the negotiated collective bargaining agreements.
· Collaborate with on-boarding team all scheduled new hires.
· Collect, review, maintain and audit I-9 forms; including E-Verify compliance.
· Maintain team member profile information in Ceridian/Workday including new hire setup, terminations, and team member changes. Facilitates new team member setup in HRIS, as well as providing training and guidance on self-service for team members.
· Correspond with outside agencies regarding employment inquiries and verifications for current and past team members.
· Reconciliation of team member payroll taxes, tax setup, and payroll tax returns; weekly, quarterly, and annually for all jurisdictions (federal, state, local). Assist Payroll Manager with tax returns and payroll reports not filed by CTS. Receive, review, and act on all payroll tax correspondence.
· Certified payroll maintenance and reporting.
· EEO-1 and VETS reporting.
· Payroll year end process to include validation and distribution of W-2s.
· Responsible for payroll/GL account reconciliations and payroll related journal entries.
· Assist the general ledger group with accounting tasks as needed; research and help resolve any discrepancies in payroll information and/or documentation.
· Performs as an integral team member across all areas of the HR team and offers support as needed.
· Acts as a resource to our team members and assists them with their inquiries and issues.
· Maintains high ethical standards in reporting and confidentiality of data. Other duties as assigned.
· 2-3 years’ multi-state payroll processing, payroll administration, and payroll tax experience
· Union payroll experience preferred
· FPC or CPP a plus
· Basic knowledge of general ledger accounting
· Working knowledge of payroll best practices, and a strong understanding of labor laws (FLSA, etc.) and tax regulations (FICA, etc.) related to payroll administration.
· Must be detail oriented, possess strong analytical and mathematical skills, and be proficient in Excel
· HRIS and/or payroll management software experience required, Workday and Ceridian Dayforce experience a plus
· Ability to troubleshoot software/system issues, submit support requests when necessary, and follow through to resolution
· Must have strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
· Discretion with sensitive and confidential information is critical
· Reliable and able and willing to work under pressure in a deadline driven environment
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry. Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.