Network Security Solutions Architect III Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Harrisburg, PA 17101, US
6-9 Month Contract
The role is expected to design and document Enterprise Fortinet solutions in accordance with best practices, compliance and contractual requirements. The daily duties include hands-on troubleshooting, interfacing with clients and associates as needed to resolve complex cases and designing security solutions. This position is for a solid architect that has eight years experience in an operational role in network security and four years experience in design and architecture.
Specific installation tasks could include:
- Physically install and connect firewalls and other security appliances
- Design, configure and implement SSL inspection/DPI deployments
- Create virtual firewalls with appropriate configurations and policies
- Configure and troubleshoot remote access and site-site VPN functionality
- Configure and troubleshoot Fortinet UTM Security Profiles (WebFilter, AppControl, DLP, etc)
- Configure and troubleshoot FSSO functionality integrated with security profiles such as WebFiltering (including DeepSSL inspection), AppControl, etc
- Configure firewall interfaces, network configurations, access control lists and policies, routing, remote access (VPN) and next-generation firewall feature sets implementing best practices
- Integrate firewall with FortiManager, FortiAnalyzer, FortiAuthenticator and other Fortinet products as required
- Configure high availability and load balancing
- Incorporate automation to validate system health and synchronization of configurations
- Configure SIEM Integration
- Configure and troubleshoot FortiClient deployment/implementation and Fortinet EMS
Provide direct technical support including:
- Advanced troubleshooting on the full range of Fortinet products (including elements of Fortinet s Security Fabric)
- Collection, analysis and change recommendations of configuration information
- Collection and analysis of customer network information
- Collection and initial analysis of packet trace information
- Recommend corrective actions based on analysis
- Provide customer education where needed due to gaps in networking, product knowledge
- Partner with customer team for change management to ensure system-wide continuity of operations
- Consultation of technical documentation, bulletins and release notes for known problems
- Reproduction of customer environments on lab equipment
- Follow up on technical cases including proper escalation and management of the case
- Manage customer communications and expectations until the closure of each case
- Design, implem ent and manage cloud-based solutions such as AWS-FortiGates or Azure-FortiGates
Job Skills Required
- Experience in a technical support role in a networking/security company or equivalent education
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP, routing protocols, L2/L3 switches
- Expertise in enterprise-class NGFW and SD-WAN
- Experience with security products firewalls, IPSec, IDS/IPS, Anti-Spam, virus scanning
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Extensive working knowledge of Windows, UNIX or Linux
- Previous Managed Security Service (MSS) experience, supporting security products is desirable.
- Strong English skills both written and verbal.
Bachelor s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field, or an equivalent combination of training and experience is desirable
- Fortinet NSE4 required
- A higher Fortinet certification strongly desired (such as NSE6, NSE7)
- Broader, industry-recognized security certifications desired
Blackstone is a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone was founded in 1998, and has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry.
Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.