Network Engineer III AER0002CD Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Colorado Springs, CO, US
Contract to Perm
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Network Engineer III AER0002CD to join our team at our client’s site in Colorado Springs, CO.
The Network Engineer III supports the Missile Defense Agency.
The candidate will:
· Work in close coordination with the Network Design Engineering Lead, project managers, and other service area
· representatives to coordinate team network design and implementation efforts
· Serve as a project technical expert and provides technical contribution to facilitate project completion in order to satisfy contractual requirements according to high level architectural designs
· Mentor network engineering team members, review documentation to ensuring engineering quality, and maintain
· responsibility for projects and tasks assigned to the team
· Communicate activity status through multiple venues, and provide quantitative project reports to the Network Design
· Engineering Lead
· Design, configure, install, and test the IT network and boundary protection devices and systems at MDA local and remote site locations
· Act as program liaison and assist in data collection and validation efforts at each location.
· Network Design support for the IT Services Team
· Develop and provide detailed designs with supporting implementation, test, and transition plans
· Usher proposed system changes through the Configuration Management process to successful implementation for
· transition to the O&M RBA teams
· Design and plan network communications systems
· Provide specifications and detailed schematics for network architecture
· Provide specific detailed information for hardware and software selection, implementation techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements
· Conduct testing of proposed network designs
· Maintain technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing such as routers, switches, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
· Evaluate and report on new communications technologies to enhance capabilities of the network
The successful candidate will:
· Demonstrate expertise in areas to include Cisco, Palo Alto, and TACLANE encryption devices
· Possess strong written and verbal communication skills
· Demonstrate team building, leadership, & mentoring / instructing skills
· This position may require up to 50% travel in support of MDA remote site integration activities
· Must have one of the following combinations of education and experience: HS Diploma (or GED) and 16 years of general experience; Associate’s degree and 14 years of general experience; Bachelor’s degree and 12 years of general experience; Master’s degree and 10 years of general experience
· General experience must include 8 years directly related experience
· Must have an active DoD Secret clearance
· Must have DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification. (i.e CySA+, SSNA Security, Security+, SSCP, GSEC, GICSP)
· Network technical experience with a solid understanding of Cisco internal and external routing protocols
· Possess Cisco certification such as CCNA or CCNP
· Local and long-haul data transmission mediums experience (RS 530, T1, OC x, etc.)
· Ability to perform technical validation of network designs in accordance with industry best practices and DoD policies and guidelines
· Knowledge of architecture frameworks (i.e, DoDAF, TOGAF, etc.)
· Experience in requirements development and management
· Experience w/multicast technologies
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry. Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.