Network Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Plymouth, MI 48170, US
Network Engineers & Administrators
Contract to Perm
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Network Engineer to join our team at our client’s site in Plymouth, MI.
This is what you’ll do:
- Deploy, support, and continually enhance the global network infrastructure to include all datacenters (both private and public cloud), corporate offices, retail and service locations, and charging stations
- Collaborate with members of the Network Engineering & Operations team to design, automate, and tune the network infrastructure to meet the needs of all business-critical services and user community
- You will lead the support effort for the global wired, wireless, and SD-WAN network, which includes training and mentoring of the field support and Service Desk teams
- Contribute towards the development of a robust and secure remote access solution
- Provide the top tier support for security and access systems including firewalls, load balancers, DNS, NAC, VPN appliances, and physical security systems such as camera and building access systems
- Ensure compliance to key regulatory, security and organizational policies and procedures
- Engage, collaborate, and communicate effectively with variety of stakeholders to deliver the services
This is what you'll need:
- 7+ years of network engineering experience with 2000+ employee, multi-site, organizations
- BS or MS degree in a technical field or equivalent experience
- Industry leading certifications such as CCNP, CCIE, or similar
- Deep understanding of routing/switching technologies and architectural principles, including BGP, OSPF, and spine & leaf fabrics
- Experience deploying a global SD-WAN solution and thorough knowledge of SD-WAN offerings in the market
- Extensive security operations experience including firewalls, NAC policy systems, and physical security
- Broad knowledge of all major network technologies, including WiFi, IPAM, GLB, NAC, VPN, DNS, and carrier services such as MANs and cloud connectivity solutions
- Communicates effectively – Develops and delivers multi-mode communications that convey a clear message to different audiences. Fosters open communication with all stakeholders.
- Technical Acumen – Pursues continuous learning and application of technologies to achieve desired business, architectural, and productivity outcomes
This is where you’ll work:
Department: IT Infrastructure and Enterprise Applications
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry. Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.