Network Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Colorado Springs, CO 80903, US
Contract to Perm
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Network Engineer to join our team at our client’s site in Colorado Springs.
This position will allow for partial to full time remote, in the Colorado Springs area. (may need to go in for meetings on occasion). Will work alongside Network team and Cyber team.
Ideal candidate will have the following:
- 4+ years network engineering exp
- CCNP preferred or CCNA
- Strong ASA firewall exp
- Strong R/S exp in cisco environment
Essential Job Functions:
· Lead the engineering design of solutions, ensuring functionality, availability, capacity, system and data security, integration, infrastructure, operations, maintenance, and performance
· Perform operations and maintenance tasks within Cisco networking and security platforms.
· Install, maintain, and troubleshoot network equipment, software, and circuits
· Implement required changes in compliance with the IT change management process
· Participate in problem management discussion to determine the root cause
· Review system logs and alerts; respond according to documented procedures
· Provide proactive process improvement, analysis of best practices, and identification and mitigation of network risks
· Analyze performance trends, identify workflow or technology gaps, and recommend changes to improve the quality and efficiency of networks, systems, and security
· Support the development of estimates and Technical Solution Designs by working with Solution Architects and Engineers and other cross-functional teams.
· Ability to communicate orally and in writing, detailed technical information on troubleshooting and implementation efforts.
· Five years of full-time professional experience in the design, installation, maintenance, and engineering support of LAN/WAN (local area network/wide area network) systems
· Familiar with switching and routing technologies, Domain Name Systems (DNS), Cisco hardware, Security Information and Event Management (SIEM), Vulnerability Management Systems, and other common industry Cyber Security tools.
· Experience with Cloud technologies such as Azure, AWS, GCP, VMWare
· Routing protocols (Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol and BGP)
· Operations, maintenance, and security of multiple Cisco Platforms (IOS, NX-OS, Firepower, and Adaptive Security Appliances)
· AnyConnect VPN sustainment, operations, and security
· Remote Authentication Dial-In User System/Terminal Access Controller Access-Control
· Wireless networking sustainment, operations, and security (Access Point and Wireless Controller)
· Voice Over Internet Protocol operations and maintenance
· Multi-vendor environments
· Proper customer collaboration and engagement techniques
· Load Balancers / Proxy technologies (KEMP, F5)
· Traffic analysis and troubleshooting using tools such as Wireshark, Syslog, Netflow
· Cisco security platforms (Firepower, Identity Services Engine, AnyConnect)
· Operations, maintenance, and security of multiple CISCO Platforms (IOS, NX-OS, WLC’s)
· Advanced knowledge of routing protocols (EIGRP and BGP)
· Experience with TCP/IP and LAN
· Basic understanding of RADIUS / TACACS+
· Application traffic flows on an enterprise network
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry. Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.