Mobile Engineering Manager - Android Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
San francisco, CA 94101, US
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Mobile Engineering Manager - Android to join our team at our client’s site in San francisco, CA.
Our Client is unlike any other company, a worldwide network and predictive analytics platform bringing visibility to the world’s hardest-to-see places. By combining the global reach of 2.5 million data collectors in 100+ countries with agile machine learning and AI, They are on a mission to make market intelligence more inclusive, flexible, and accessible to organizations of all sizes in all locations. They are looking for an ambitious risk-taker who loves to be challenged, relishes the idea of helping build a different kind of solution, and believes in the power of data to improve outcomes.
If this sounds like you, we would love to speak with you!
We are an engineering team of creative, passionate developers who always strive to be on the forefront of technology, and deeply value the diversity of our backgrounds. We strive to be leaders in innovation; we’re constantly pushing the limits of what our technology is capable of, and we share our learnings through regular lunch-and-learns, conference talks, and our engineering blog.
Our diversity mirrors the global nature of our work: we have team members from many cultures and walks of life, with 5 continents represented in our backgrounds, and we believe in the value of life experience that a variety of backgrounds inherently brings. What unites us is our innate curiosity and collective ambition to build technology that changes the world.
What you get to do:
- Shape the direction of our flagship application used and enjoyed by a global network of millions of users in over 100 countries worldwide
- Mentor and guide the professional and technical development of your team members. Help develop their careers and assign them to projects tailored to their skill levels, personalities, work styles, and professional goals.
- Lead execution of team deliverables, run effective sprints, and work with the team to achieve its goals.
- Build teams that are collaborative, inclusive, and respectful of each other.
- Support setting the short-, mid- and long-term technical roadmap for the team in collaboration with the technical leads and the leadership team.
- Foster a healthy and collaborative team culture and be a role model of our core values.
- Work closely with leads and engineering leaders working on different teams across the company.
- Participate in whiteboard discussions, architectural design reviews, and code reviews. Support trading off technical debt versus the pace of progress.
The following traits probably describe you:
- Professional experience with building user facing software at scale
- Proven ability to operate effectively and autonomously across multiple teams in situations of ambiguity, with only high level direction
- Experience delivering in the short-term while preparing for the long-term
- Ability to communicate highly technical problems and solutions at all levels from engineer to C-level executives
- Demonstrated success in a fast-paced environment and collaborate across teams and disciplines
- Openness to new / different ideas. Ability to evaluate multiple approaches and choose the best one based on first principles
- Comfortable with code and systems design
- 5+ years of people management experience
- You have shipped production-quality mobile, web, and backend software
- You thrive managing geographically distributed teams
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and confident in diving deep
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry. Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.