Mid Level Developer (Production Support) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Alexandria, VA 22314, US
9+ Month Contract
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Mid Level Developer (Production Support) to join our team at our client’s site in Alexandria, VA.
Investigate, diagnose, and resolve production issues with a quick turnaround time and communicate root cause and workaround options to team members and clients. Independently resolve system defects to be in-line with system requirements. Design, develop, and unit test new enhancement requests, perform technical analysis and documentation of complex functions in the system. Interact with other developers, testers and analysts on release and team initiatives.
· 6+ years of relevant experience and a Bachelors degree is required. Commensurate experience for education.
· Strong knowledge and project experience in Java Technologies like J2EE, JSP, Servlets, JDBC, Spring, RESTful Web Services, SOAP, XSLT, XML
· Experience in SQL and Stored Procedure Programming
· Experience with systems in production support and maintenance
· Experience performing maintenance and troubleshooting of continuous build/deployment systems
· Understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git and SVN
· Ability to analyze requirements and formulate design
· Excellent communication and teamwork skills
· Experience with Sybase database
· Experience with build automation (ex: Jenkins)
· Experience with leading initiatives, mentoring staff, and presenting to senior clients
· Experience with JIRA and Service Now
· Must be able to obtain a Public Trust
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry. Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.