Mechanical Engineer II Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Louisville, CO 80027, US
Contract to Perm
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Mechanical Engineer II to join our team at our client’s site in Louisville, CO.
We are currently seeking a motivated and tenacious engineer who will support Assembly Integration and Test operations of the Dream Chaser spacecraft as a representative of the spacecraft design organization.
The ideal candidate will excel in a demanding, fast-paced, and evolving environment where they will work as part of a strong, agile and highly motivated team to accomplish the first of its kind commercial winged-body spacecraft. This individual takes pride in his/her thoroughness, emphasis on follow through, interorganizational communication skills and attention to requirements conformance. The candidate will be able to problem solve from the component level to installation level addressing often first time problems and use strong logic and engineering tools to come up with solutions to problems that meet or exceed drawing and document requirements. A successful applicant will have the ability thrive in a challenging multidisciplinary build environment, collectively solving build problems that require collaboration and agreement of the Design, Quality and Manufacturing organizations.
Liaison engineer team members are responsible as the primary interface for manufacturing floor activity for Uncrewed Dream Chaser (UDC) and Cargo Module (CM) fabrication on the CRS2 program. Liaison’s goal is to ensure design requirements are met between production, planning, and supply chain, while maintaining schedule. Through a detailed understanding of the build processes, design requirements and extensive collaboration with the internal teams designing and managing installations, this team is a key stakeholder to ensure that the overall build of UDC and CM design achieves all objectives.
- Nonconformance (MRB):
- Assess, disposition, analyze, justify, determine cause and relay improvements for build discrepancies, errors and other nonconformances
- Provide guidance on when NC’s are appropriate vs other engineering change options, enforce process standards, and provide streamlined support to quickly address and close.
- Understand, prioritize, communicate and execute nonconformance against program schedule.
- Engineering Change:
- Develop and utilize knowledge of various engineering change options, determine and execute the appropriate change option that creates the shortest path and meets engineering requirements for each unique problem.
- Document, prioritize, communicate, and track required engineering changes fed back to the spacecraft design organization for resolution.
- Work closely with manufacturing, quality, planning, and procurement teams to address changes and shepherd them through fruition on the production floor.
- Contribute to innovative, time saving, and cost-effective improvements to help streamline engineering change and response times.
- Drawings, Processes and Technical Specifications:
- Provide guidance to technicians, engineers, and quality assurance engineers related to drawing and spacecraft requirements by overseeing installations; providing training, and information briefs on key topics.
- Support the development and maintenance of program specific technical specifications, and follow through on execution of these specifications to drive efficiency.
- Contribute to development and execution of standard repairs, analysis methods, and acceptable defects to streamline defects processing through MRB.
- Monitor existing processes and nonconformance trends to develop tools and other methods to reduce manufacturing build hours and quality issues, increase production rates, and remove waste from complex processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in aerospace, mechanical, industrial or manufacturing engineering
- Background in the aerospace industry preferred, but not required.
- 3+ years, 1 years of which were in a manufacturing environment – OR- 5+/2
- Position may require extended work hours, part time second shift and/or weekend work
- Experience in design and build of primary and secondary composite structures
- Experience in design and build of metallic structures and fittings
- Proficient or familiar with hand calculation methods for structural analysis
- Proficiency preferred in NX CAD, but experience is another CAD package is acceptable
- Familiar with typical PLM architecture
- Excel, or similar data analysis software
- Experience with utilizing, developing, optimizing, interpreting and maintaining process specifications and work instructions
- Ability to influence without authority, tenacious, and highly energetic
- Able to adapt to a fast-paced and evolving work environment
- Confident and competent in communication across departments and at different levels of leadership
- Experience driving cross-functional changes to address specific technical problems
- Experience monitoring, tracking, and continually improving design via root cause analysis
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry. Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.