Manager of Application Development Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Colorado Springs, CO 80920, US
CTH or Perm
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Manager of Application Development to join our team at our client’s site in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
Join our Application Development Team where you would lead a team of Application Developers. You would have many responsibilities, but the primary one would be to lead the development team that is working on our Azure cloud initiative, to ensure that the applications we are building and migrating to the Azure cloud are developed and released efficiently, effectively, and securely.
The individual we are seeking will be both a leader and a contributor to the development and delivery of our Cloud applications. This person will have a strong partnership with the operations team.
What we are looking for in a candidate:
- Someone with experience in the Cloud (preferably Azure) that understands cloud security and concepts such as Infrastructure as Code.
- Someone that can lead and manage other developers.
- Someone that can tell good code, from bad, good architecture from bad, and mentor and guide others.
- When crunch time comes you should be able to be ready and able to dive in and take over some development tasks, but keep the big picture in mind and focus on getting the work done.
- Someone who works well on a team, and in a non-adversarial and professional manner.
- Preferably someone that has experience with working on a high performing Scrum teams.
- Preferable someone with experience with Kubernetes.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Configures / writes new programs of growing complexity and scope, involving multiple systems and interdependencies.
- Conducts code reviews of other team members as appropriate for quality and adherence to standards.
Analysis / Modeling / Design
- Leads the development of complete systems, often guiding and mentoring team members and defining the overall architecture of the system.
- Converts functional specifications on business problems into efficient designs.
- Participates in the RFP/RFI process
Communication / Staff Management
- Conducts performance reviews, provides feedback, guidance, mentoring, training, task management, resource forecasting, and leadership.
- Conducts code reviews of staff to ensure quality standards are being met.
- Works closely with the other areas of IT to ensure solution delivery.
- Provides technical support and problem resolution for customer inquiries regarding in-house application infrastructure.
Minimum formal education required for this position:
Knowledge consistent with a bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or similar.
(relevant equivalents might include: A four year degree in an applicable field of study such as Information Technology, Mathematics or Engineering with two or more years of demonstrated interaction with advanced level systems and software integration concepts or four-plus years of applicable work experience in addition to the required minimum work experience listed below)
A bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science
Minimum work experience:
10+ years of related IT industry experience - four of which must have utilized software programming concepts in a production environment. Prior experience in managing other application developers is preferred.
Technical or specialized knowledge/skills:
- Advanced knowledge of and demonstrated experience with Object Oriented programming in C#
- Advanced knowledge of and demonstrated experience building secure web applications
- Demonstrated experience in regards to understanding and working with relational databases such as Microsoft SQL Server
- Must have good web user interface design skills
- Must be comfortable working in highly collaborative environments
- Demonstrated experience with development tools such as Microsoft Visual Studio and Microsoft Team Foundation Server
- Must be able to conduct presentations in group settings in a professional and courteous manner
- Strong customer service, organization, communication, and interpersonal skills are a must
- Thorough understanding of advanced programming concepts and principles, as well as database design
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of high availability systems
- Working knowledge of jQuery and jQuery UI is preferred
- Experience with Scrum software development is preferred
- Experience building multi-threaded applications is preferred
- Experience building mobile applications (IOS or Android) and/or mobile web applications is preferred
- Must be able to work independently to deliver complete system solutions and provides guidance within technical area, applying in-depth knowledge of multiple technologies, as appropriate.
- Must be able to learn new and emerging concepts very quickly.
- Experience acting as a consultant to other professionals in IT, providing technical leadership in their area of specialization.
- Must be able to maintain good productivity in developing efficient code in a very timely manner, with defect rates kept to a minimum
Environmental, physical and psychological requirements:
Must be able to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time. Must be able to perform prolonged and repetitive coding using standard means such as a keyboard and mouse. Must be able to type at least 50 words per minute (WPM). Typing at a level below 50 words per minute would negatively impact productivity.
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry. Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.