Lead Product Designer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
San Francisco, CA 94101, US
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Lead Product Designer to join our team at our client’s site in San Francisco, CA.
Our Client is unlike any other company, a worldwide network and predictive analytics platform bringing visibility to the world’s hardest-to-see places. By combining the global reach of 2.5 million data collectors in 100+ countries with agile machine learning and AI, They are on a mission to make market intelligence more inclusive, flexible, and accessible to organizations of all sizes in all locations. They are looking for an ambitious risk-taker who loves to be challenged, relishes the idea of helping build a different kind of solution, and believes in the power of data to improve outcomes.
If this sounds like you, we would love to speak with you!
We are a passionate, tight-knit team that moves fast, appreciates candor, and deeply values the diversity of our backgrounds. Our diversity mirrors the global nature of our work: we’ve lived in 30 countries, speak 14 languages, and believe in the value of life experience that an unconventional background inherently brings. What unites us is our innate curiosity and collective ambition to build technology that ultimately has a measurable human impact.
In a typical week, you will:
- Partner with other designers, product managers, and engineers on the development and release of features
- Lead the overall design direction of the mobile contributor app
- Mentor junior designers
- Design and build product concepts and prototypes in support of the requirements
- Contribute to our design system; visual, interaction and icons
- Develop a deeper understanding of our products and users
- Work on bringing delight to our users through iteration and refinement of our products
In a typical month, you will:
- Determine design strategy, vision and IA of the mobile contributor app
- Meet with the Product team to discuss roadmap and strategy
- Participate or run a design studio with the scrum team
- Prepare design specifications and documents for the development team
- Present or participate in design critiques
- Walk other teams through designs and prototypes
- Meet multiple times with users and customers as part of user research
- 7+ years of designing consumer, enterprise and mobile user experiences; ability to adapt designs across various form factors and platforms
- 1+ years in a lead designer role
- Specialization in interaction and visual design including building prototypes of various levels of fidelity and interactivity; familiarity with user research processes and techniques
- Proficiency with design and prototyping tools (such as Figma / Adobe Creative Suite)
- Ability to generate detailed specifications and export engineering-ready assets of final designs for both development and testing
- Ability to communicate complex ideas and articulate design decisions to the team and stakeholders
- Ability to travel at least 10% of time
- Familiarity and experience with WCAG and other accessibility standards
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry. Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.