Lead Linux System Engineer **Evening Shift** Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Colorado Springs, CO 80812, US
Contract to Perm
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Lead Linux System Engineer **Evening Shift** to join our team at our client’s site in Colorado Springs, CO.
Description of Duties:
The Lead Linux System Engineer **Evening Shift** supports the Missile Defense Agency (MDA).
The candidate will:
- Oversee and direct a 5 person technical team in the timely installation of developer-provided baseline software, hardware and configurations in a multi-million dollar mission system testbed
- Build, configure, deploy, administer, maintain and troubleshoot virtual and physical servers/systems
- Evaluate and assess developer-provided documentation and media to installation deadlines with provided resources
- Make recommendations to plan, develop and execute work plans that achieve critical-path requirements
- Manage, perform and ensure team members are performing system changes in accordance with developer documentation, configuration management and documentation practices
- Assist integration leads and managers in problem definition, analysis, requirement development and implementation as needed
- Advise team members and leadership and make appropriate technical recommendations regarding system development issues and improvements, optimization tools and methods, process creation and development, and support efforts
- Track and report installation progress to appropriate managers on a daily basis
- Perform necessary physical inspections and research using system/event logs, appropriate tools/software, etc… to identify problems, trends and aid in troubleshooting actions
- Coordinate, collaborate and communicate with multiple internal/external team members and government representatives in the accomplishments of daily duties
- Coordinate and schedule developer support during installations as needed
This is an evening shift work position with core hours being 1500-2300 and may have to shift to an overnight schedule to meet off-hour mission activities.
- Must have one of the following combinations of education and experience: HS Diploma (or GED) and 12 years of general experience; Associate's degree and 10 years of general experience; Bachelor's degree and 8 years of general experience; Master's degree and 6 years of general experience
- If this position requires travel selected candidate must be willing to provide proof of fully vaccinated (against COVID-19) status? (the process of which must be completed prior to the anticipated start date)
- Must have 7 years of directly related experience with DoD IT systems and architectures operating systems, and servers and/or experience in light programming, project management of small initiatives, and troubleshooting
- Must have 1 year of experience working in a management or leadership role
- Must have experience building, configuring and deploying servers/systems using VMware 6.0 (or higher)
- Must have administration experience using Linux 6/7 basic and advanced commands
- Must have a current DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification (Security+ CE, CySA, etc.) or higher
- Must have, or obtain, an active DoD Secret Security Clearance
- Have working knowledge of Ansible or Ansible Tower automation
- Have working knowledge of NetApp
- Have networking troubleshooting experience
- Have experience with Multi Factor Authentication methodology
- Have basic or working knowledge of HBSS/ESS
- Have basic or working knowledge of ACAS
- Have Project Management experience
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry. Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.