Lead Backend Developer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
New York, NY, US
Blackstone Technology Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Lead Backend Developer to join our team at our client s site in New York, New York.
The Lead Backend Developer is responsible for the development and maintenance of our backend APIs. This person utilizes their knowledge of Java development & web technologies as an integral part of the software development team.
- 7+ years of back-end Java development and the corresponding stack (Spring, Hibernate, open source libraries, etc.) in a SaaS model.
- Lead / Managed small development teams.
- Proven success in building scalable software in a multi-tenanted environment using software engineering best practices (CDN, caching and VM optimization).
- Experience building APIs and microservices.
- Strong DB chops that include complex SQL query development and path optimizations.
- Best practices approach with Views, Stored Procs and typed-datasets is critical.
- Strong familiarity with creating and deploying Web Services using RESTful APIs (JSON, XML, etc.)
- Ability to understand the business imperatives and translate them to "big picture architectural concepts.
- Comfortable in a team environment or working independently.
- Has kept up with the latest frameworks and trends in the Java ecosystem.
- Understanding of Agile/SCRUM techniques.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects at once.
Blackstone is a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone was founded in 1998, and has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry.
Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.