Jr. Splunk Analyst Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Washington, DC 20530, US
9+ Month Contract
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Jr. Splunk Analyst to join our team at our client’s site in Washington, DC.
Responsibilities: The JSA shall have experience in defining security, utilization, and performance requirements for local and wide area networks. The JSA shall be proficient in implementing solutions that align with the Government’s security / monitoring systems and requirements. The JSA shall be proficient in the SPLUNK platform, familiar with Ansible, Python, and PowerShell scripting, Internet Proxy Logs, RSA, Windows Active Directory, Windows Servers, Red Hat Enterprise Linux Servers, and capacity planning in Windows/ Linux environments.
The Junior Splunk Engineer shall, under the guidance of the Network Operations IT Program Manager, be responsible for the daily operations and maintenance of the Splunk deployment, to include:
- Perform daily administrative tasks to manage Splunk datasets and storage utilization. This includes monitoring automated backup tasks, manually backing up data if necessary, monitoring storage utilization on Splunk servers in all environments as well as network attached storage.
- Maintain Splunk Knowledgebase by updating existing and creating new KB articles as identified by the team.
- Create and update Splunk resources including saved searches, visualizations, alerts, dashboards and any other ad hoc deliverables as needed.
- Interface with user community and provide first level of support to troubleshoot issues or assist with any other Splunk requirements.
- Coordinate with, accept tasking from, accept guidance from, and collaborate on priorities with Senior Splunk engineer / Task lead.
- Participate in periodic stand-up task meetings. Frequency may be daily or multiple times per week based on projects in process.
- Create Splunk reports and dashboards as identified as needed based on enterprise customer requirements or internal team needs.
- Assist in creating, updating, and documenting Ansible playbooks (scripts) used to automate tasks and workflows (groups of tasks) within the Splunk environments.
- Manage Splunk lookups by verifying that automated jobs are updating lookup tables properly as well making adhoc changes as necessary.
- Monitor, administer and maintain accessibility to Splunk components including search heads, indexers, deployers, cluster masters, forwarders and syslog servers for continuous production environment uptime
- Coordinating with various components within the DOJ to troubleshoot issues
- Manage and secure RHEL and Windows servers for Splunk platform including patches and access controls.
- Assist team with reviewing/assessing/implementing new data sources, ie: syslog, scripted input, db inputs
- Working with IT Managers to validate data and provide training on new dashboard enhancements
- Assist with maintaining existing PowerShell / Python / C# scripts and creating new scripts as needed
- Assist with integrating various data sets into Splunk and creating new dashboards to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, security and availability of the WAN
- Provide a weekly Progress/Exceptions Report to include a list of tasks assigned, completed, and pending.
- 1-3 years of experience in a Splunk focused role
- Splunk and/or Linux certs are a plus
- Must be able to work with little guidance, but will have someone there to assist if needed.
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry. Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.