Java Application Developer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Colorado Springs, CO 80921, US
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Java Application Developer to join our team at our client’s site in Colorado Springs, CO.
What you will be doing:
- Backend java development using technologies such as Java, Spring IoC/MVC/Boot/Security/Cloud/Stream, Containers, Relational databases
- You' ll work on a cross-functional scrum team, with all the necessary skills and talents to be able to complete features that delight our members
- Participate in team meetings, and provide input on proposed solutions
- Development Configures / writes new programs of growing complexity and scope, involving multiple systems and interdependencies. Conducts code reviews as appropriate for quality and adherence to standards.
- Analysis / Modeling / Design Analyzes defines and documents requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks, controls, and outputs. Converts functional specifications on business problems into efficient designs. Reviews, analyzes, and modifies programming systems, including programming, testing, and debugging for large-scale systems. Participates in the RFP/RFI process.
- Communication Conducts technical assessments of the current staff as needed. Provides input to the manager on staff performance relating to technology but does not prepare or deliver reviews. Reports status on activities, issues, projects, etc. to IT management. May support the manager in planning and oversight of operational/technical activities of the team, including workload and resource allocation.
- Maintenance Provides technical support and problem resolution for customer inquiries regarding in-house application infrastructure.
What you should have:
Minimum Formal Education for this Position:
- Bachelor' s Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or a related field of study
Minimum Work Experience:
- 6+ years of related IT industry experience
- 3+ years experience with secure web application development
- Each year of relevant work experience may be exchanged for a year in a relevant degree program or vice versa.
Technical or Specialized Knowledge/Skills:
- Experience with the following: Object-oriented language such as Java Experience with relational backend systems Rest APIs (Open API) Microservices
- Advanced knowledge of and demonstrated experience with Object Oriented programming, as well as other programming paradigms such as functional.
- Advanced knowledge of and demonstrated experience building secure web applications using a combination of the latest technologies.
- Must be comfortable working in highly collaborative environments.
- Must be able to conduct presentations in group settings in a professional and courteous manner.
- Strong customer service, organization, communication, and interpersonal skills are a must.
- Must be able to work independently to deliver complete system solutions and provides guidance within technical area, applying in-depth knowledge of multiple technologies, as appropriate.
- Must be able to learn new and emerging concepts very quickly.
- Must be able to maintain good productivity in developing efficient code in a very timely manner, with defect rates kept to a minimum.
- Experience with advanced source control systems, such as GIT.
- (preferred) Experience with Scrum software development.
- (preferred) Experience building multi-threaded applications.
- (preferred) Experience with Docker containers.
- (preferred) Experience with Kubernetes.
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry. Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.