Job Description Job Attributes+
Columbia, SC 29208, US
9+ Month Contract
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking an ISSO to join our team at our client’s site in Columbia, SC or Washington, DC.
The Information Systems Security Officer shall, under the guidance of the Network Operations Senior Program Manager, and be responsible performing the following duties:
- Plan, implement, upgrade, and monitor security measures for the protection of communications and IT systems and information.
- Draft, review, coordinate local IA policies, procedures and operating instructions, and provide recommendations for revisions.
- Identify and manage cybersecurity risks; and implement controls to ensure the secure delivery of mission critical services.
- Monitor and detect cybersecurity events; and implement appropriate response and recovery actions.
- Manage cybersecurity incident management handing, response, escalation, and reporting.
- Maintain the NOS cybersecurity posture according to our client’s policies and directives.
- Ensure all IT hardware/software products are configured according to relevant security configuration and implementation guidance.
- Utilize standard software tools to perform vulnerability scans of network equipment and software; and assist network, systems, and client administrators in implementing corrective actions required when vulnerabilities are detected.
- Develop, update, and maintain certification and accreditation documentation, including but not limited to Risk Management Framework (RMF) artifacts, Authority to Operate (ATO), Plan of Actions and Milestones (POA&M), waivers, and vulnerability mitigation plans. CSAM is the ATO management system currently used by our client to create, update, and document system information as required by FISMA and other Federal mandates. All updates to system ATO information shall be made in CSAM.
- Assess the impact of changes on certification and accreditation packages and advise the government accordingly.
- Process and coordinate system access authorization requests, software approval requests, firewall and proxy exemption requests/waivers, and other IA related documents.
- Ensure IA related documentation is current and accessible to authorized individuals.
- Research security issues affecting network/systems hardware and software and provide recommended solution.
Minimum Candidate Requirements
· 4+ years of experience implementing and maintaining security controls for Federal IT systems in accordance with FISMA and NIST guidance; AND
· Active Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) certification
Skill Sets Anticipated
- 4+ years of experience implementing and maintaining security controls for Federal IT systems in accordance with FISMA and NIST guidance
- Proficient use and understanding of systems engineering concepts, principles, and theories.
- Proficient understanding of cyber security specifications such as RMF, STIGS, IAVAs, and other government security specifications and guidelines.
- Proficient knowledge of cybersecurity technology and trends.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Recognizes and incorporates various security designs and lessons learned.
- Ability to participate or lead security-working groups/meetings.
- Experience in problem solving and troubleshooting complex and distributed government IT systems.
- Sounds knowledge and practical experience to direct the assessment and development of Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTPs) and/or Operating Instructions (OIs) to effectively administer, operate and manage services under our client’s operational control.
- Knowledge of modern computer systems, network concepts, client/server, LAN/WAN, modern network management and monitoring concepts.
Security Requirements: Must have an active Top Secret clearance
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry. Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.