Infrastructure Consultant Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
San Jose, CA 95134, US
3-6 Month Contract
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a to join our team at our client’s site in San Jose, CA.
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Develop and communicate the Systems Resilience / Disaster Recovery strategy, program, and standards.
- Work with technology owners to develop recovery procedures for systems and applications, supporting high-demand business functions / strategy and ensuring process and practices are current through continuous improvement.
- Collaborate to define, document, and plan for Service Level Agreements (SLA’s), Recovery Point Objectives (RPO’s), Recovery Time Objectives (RTO’s), and availability requirements.
- Assess current disaster recovery strategy, impacts and risks, including business, legal and IT perspective.
- Participate in risk assessment of most critical processes, applications, and third parties to successfully implement risk-based system testing strategy.
- Recommend and assist in the implementation of risk mitigation procedures for disaster recovery, ensuring that all technical components of Recovery Plans are tested as defined in policies and procedures, or whenever significant changes are made to those components. Participate in the change management process to ensure synchronization of environments.
- Other projects or duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field such as Networking, Information Security, or Engineering
- 8+ years of disaster recovery/system resilience experience, including a successful track record leading moderately complex technology organizations through actual and practiced disaster scenarios.
- Strong interpersonal and communication to interface with technical and non-technical audiences at all levels of the organization.
- Experience on Hyper scalers such is AWS, Azure or GCP highly desirable
- Experience in EDA industry or an High Performance Computing environment is a plus
- Expertise in:
- High Availability technology infrastructure, including servers, storage, and networks.
- Multiple deployment architectures, including on-premises data centers and hybrid cloud.
- Data replication and restoration between data centers.
- Testing of disaster scenarios, including loss of applications, servers, networks, data centers, and databases.
- Technology Risk Appetite and Assessments.
- IT Operations/Infrastructure
- Ability to work well with diverse engineering and non-engineering groups, vendors, and customers in a reciprocal, matrix organization
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry. Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.