Information Technology - Asset Management Admin Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Palo Alto, CA 94301, US
Contract to Perm
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Asset Management Admin to join our team at our client’s site in Palo Alto and Irvine, CA.
This is what you’ll do:
• Tracking, monitoring, maintaining, and recouping all IT software and hardware assets across all Rivian sites
• Occasionally perform Level 2 IT Desktop Support tasks like imaging and advanced troubleshooting - Technology and Applications troubleshooting/repair/resolution for all endpoints (laptops, desktops, kiosk machines, and mobiles/tablets)
• Hardware and software provisioning (check-in and check-out)
• Consolidate the hardware models laptops, desktops, workstations, tablets, phones, and KIOSK devices) for simpler IT support while meeting the business requirements
• Assist in research and recommendation of the right hardware for the correct business requirements
• Assist in yearly hardware and software (licenses) forecasting for purchasing
• Streamline the IT equipment shipping and logistics process
• Perform regular audit of the software and hardware inventory to validate for any discrepancies
• Produce weekly/monthly/quarterly and ad-hoc reports as requested by the IT End User Services (EUS) leadership
• Ensure we have enough inventory at all locations for new hires onboarding
• Ensure new hire onboardings are happening as per the schedule (laptop and other IT accessories shipping)
• Coordinate with the other IT groups to achieve the committed SLAs and deliver world-class customer service
• Participate in additional technology initiatives as required - Assisting with server and network upgrades, OS upgrades, office moves, technology rollouts, and onsite/offsite meeting coordination
• Develop positive relationships with the business and other functions at all levels
• Collaborate with members of the information security, network, and cloud teams to ensure consistent IT services to our business users
• Look to improve all aspects of the Asset Management and Desktop Support functions continually
This is what you’ll need:
• 6+ years (or relative) in an Asset Management role, where you learned the nuances of IT Support
• Bachelor’s degree or Professional training/certifications related to areas of responsibilities
• Experience with: Asset tracking, auditing, deploying, shipping, and recovering assets.
• Preferred skills - Deploying, updating, optimizing, and troubleshooting Windows-based and Mac-based workstations in a corporate environment leveraging ConfigMgr, Microsoft Intune, Jamf (Casper), and other system management tools, wired/wireless networks, VPN, Collaboration tools (Chat and Video Conferencing), A/V devices, and conference room systems.
• Familiarity with the standard helpdesk ticketing tools (ServiceNow, Jira)
• Ability to coordinate and communicate at all levels within the organization – Business Stakeholders, Vendors, Suppliers, Senior Managers, and C-Level Execs
• Tech Savvy – Ability and passion for learning new technology and tools
• Passion for Customer Support – A drive to help end-users get what they need to do their jobs the best they can. A sense of satisfaction from assisting end-users in getting what they need on time
• Prioritization Skills – The ability to analyze support requests and prioritize them based on impact
• Discipline – The discipline to actively manage help desk tickets and internal IT tasks without getting distracted by email, chat, or other ad-hoc communication
• Ability to articulate technical solutions to non-technical users in simple and easy to understand terms
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry. Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.