Hardware Engineer - ENG05 - Cleared On-Site Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Aurora, CO 80011, US
Contract to Perm
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Hardware Engineer with a TS/SCI to join our team at our client’s site in Aurora, CO.
The Principle Electrical/RF Engineer will provide support to Program initiatives with emphasis on a design and architectural approach to complex RF systems for our Program areas through the support and development of ICD documentation and related CDRLs to assure requirements consistency from top-to-bottom. The focus will be on architecture, design, development, and operations of Program deliverable ground station systems.
US Citizenship and current active TS/SCI Security Clearance required.
- Perform Hardware RF/Electrical Engineering design, and analysis of electronics systems (e.g., link analyses, gain distributions, distortion parameter allocations, architecture trades) to requirements
- Allocate and prepare Hardware Electrical Engineering specifications
- Represent Hardware Engineering in development and evaluation of system architectures, designs, and interfaces that meet system specifications
- Prepare and present hardware specifications and design analysis in customer and program reviews
- Participate in trade studies and vendor/product selection
- Support design, integration and verification activities as a RF Technical Subject Matter Expert (SME)
- Monitor vendor technical design, development, integration, and verification
- Some travel ~10% may be required to support TEMs and other related program activities
- US Citizenship and current active TS/SCI Security Clearance required.
- 8 or more years of Hardware Electrical Engineering RF Communications Experience
- 8 or more years of experience with related RF hardware baseband hardware (modulators, demodulators, frame synchronizers - as an example)
- Extensive knowledge of Satellite Ground Station architectures and designs
- General knowledge of common information system (computer and network) hardware interfaces
- 8 or more years experience in system troubleshooting on satellite ground stations
- Experience with using test equipment (ie, spectrum analyzers, oscilloscopes, power meters)
- Experience in writing and reviewing manuals, procedures, plans, specifications, engineering drawings and notebooks
- Experience in presenting technical information to an audience
- Ability to work in a teaming environment where a high degree of responsiveness and commitment to programs and Customers has been demonstrated
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office applications
- Able to travel on occasion to support customer meetings and system TEMs
- Experience with Ground Terminal Hardware/RF Design testing
- Experience with performing trade studies; recommending solutions; and, identifying potential vendors
- Experience with developing the Bill of Material (BOM) required to produce a hardware product; initiate the purchasing process; and, monitor progress
- Ability to understand architectures based on requirements including interface definition, parts selection with consideration given to environmental variables, safety, site constraints and lessons learned
- Experience with requirements management throughout the product development lifecycle to minimize program schedule and cost impacts
- Experience with verifying hardware requirements as they apply to a subsystem
- Experience in hardware production environment and the participation in hardware design and development activities
Requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and 8+ years of related work experience with emphasis in Electrical, Mechanical, Physics, Math OR 16 years prior relevant work experience in lieu of a degree
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry. Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.