Hardware Engineer - ENG04 - Cleared Off-Site Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Buckley AFB Aurora, CO, US
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Hardware Engineer - ENG04 - Cleared Off-Site to join our team at our client’s site in Buckley AFB Aurora, CO.
The RF Systems/Hardware Engineer will be expected to have the technical skills to troubleshoot, document, and resolve system outages and other issues that may be encountered during operation of the system. This includes the collection of diagnostic data, accurately documenting problems in logging and discrepancy reporting tools, restoring system operation, development of workarounds, and other activities necessary for recovery of the system. The candidate will provide support to include storing, retrieving and manipulating data for analysis and troubleshooting of system capabilities and requirements, utilize analytic devices such as oscilloscopes and logic analyzers for troubleshooting, monitor functioning of equipment and make necessary modifications to ensure the system operates in conformance with specifications and support the generation of concept of operations and provide recommendations for system architecture.
- An Active and in-scope U.S. TS/SCI security clearance with C.I. polygraph
- Prior experience developing and supporting RF ground systems engineering activities for a satellite communications system
- Proficient use of Spectrum Analyzers, Network Analyzers, Signal Generators and Oscilloscopes
- Experience generating, analyzing, tracking, and managing requirements
- Experience with RF systems engineering developing and maintaining schematics, analysis, block diagrams, system Bill of Materials (BOMs), and design review packages
- Must be able to apply previous knowledge and experience to provide recommendations for development of new operational concepts, architecture, and to increase efficiencies within the existing system
- Must be able to provide occasional after hour call-in support
- Must be able to support occasional travel (both CONUS and OCONUS). Must be able to support emergency repair trips with little or no advanced notice
- Highly articulate with strong written and verbal communications skills
- Technical ability to identify and document system related RF capability enhancements through generation and submittal of White Papers and other submittals
- Lead design performance & cost trade-offs for proposed engineering changes
- Taking a leadership role for design teams and provide technical oversight to the team members
- Must be able to work at heights and successfully complete Safety at Heights training/certification
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry. Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.