Google Cloud/Cassandra Database Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Denver, CO 80202, US
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Google Cloud/Cassandra Database Engineer to join our team at our client’s site in Denver, CO.
The candidate must have at least 2 to 3 years of experience with Cassandra and cloud databases. The ideal candidate will have some experience supporting Google Cloud databases and coding in Python and/or Teradata as well. Strong conceptual and analytic skills. Skilled in Cassandra programming, knowledge of operating systems and UNIX scripting languages. Knowledge of database security management and data integrity concepts. Experience in code migration, database change management and data management through the various stages of the development life cycle. A Bachelor's degree in business or computer science or equivalent experience is required.
Responsibilities (Job Duties) include:
· Implements database software installs, upgrades, and patches
· Conducts regular database performance testing and tuning
· Capacity planning for database storage and memory
· Implements and maintains operational and disaster recovery procedures
· Manages database security, user accounts and access privileges
· Writing and maintaining UNIX shell scripts for database monitoring and job automation
· Performs complex bug verification, release testing for assigned products
· Works with DBAs and other internal teams to establish, implement and document database standards
· Confers with internal department managers regarding problems with and the capabilities of various internally-used databases
· Flexibility to adapt to and willingness to learn new technologies.
· Advise on database concepts and functional capabilities
· Share responsibility for 24/7 on-call support
· Recommends systems changes to programming management
· Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel.
· Working positively and having fun within a team environment
· Maintain backups and backup and recovery documentation
· Ability to work within change control processes
· Maintain detailed project plans for and occasionally lead database projects
· Working on multiple database related projects in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry. Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.