Flight Dispatcher Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Englewood, CO 80112, US
6-9 Month Contract
Aircraft Weight & Balance
- Basic knowledge and understanding of weight and balance impact on flight planning and aircraft operations.
- Aircraft Meteorology
- Basic knowledge of meteorology as applicable to aircraft operations (e.g., icing, turbulence, thunderstorms, fog and low ceilings, winds aloft, pressure pattern flying, the influence of terrain on meteorological conditions, general principles of weather analysis and forecasting).
- Aircraft Performance Data
- General knowledge of aerodynamic and propulsion principles and their application in developing aircraft performance data. General knowledge of associated regulatory requirements and related impact on aircraft
- performance data. Utilize this knowledge to answer customer questions and support development of products.
- Communication Operations
- Basic knowledge of aircraft communication operations and procedures and phraseology for normal conditions in order to communicate changes and hazardous conditions.
- Flight Planning
- Basic knowledge of domestic or international weather briefing folders, computer flight plans, and over flight coordination.
- Industry Regulations
- General knowledge of federal aviation administration and foreign regulatory agencies procedures and regulations.
- Navigation Procedures
- Basic knowledge of navigation procedures (e.g., Instrument Flight Rules [IFR], Visual Flight Rules [VFR]), air navigation facilities, and Air Traffic Control procedures.
Communicates with engineers, flight crews and others to seek, identify and track specific flight requirements. Creates and adjusts flight plans. Coordinates, acquires and ensures delivery of assets (airspace, test equipment, use of airports) and arranges for simple flight operations (scheduled test flight). Participates in pre-mishap planning, training and practice alerts. Gathers information related
to safety of flight and prepares information for briefing delivery to the flight crew. Acquires, distributes and interprets a wide variety of publications required to ensure safe flight and to comply with governmental regulations. Job requires FAA Aircraft Dispatcher certificate. Under close supervision, communicates with engineers, flight crews and other involved personnel to seek, identify and track specific flight requirements (i.e., where flight will occur, clearances required, customs requirement, Transportation Security
Administration, air traffic and airspace requirements, flight plans needs, weight and balance, etc.). Creates and adjusts flight plans for developmental test aircraft, production flights and delivery aircraft, including domestic and international commercial and military aircraft. Provides flight following for aircraft in flight.
Under close supervision, coordinates and acquires assets (airspace, test equipment, use of airports) and arranges for simple flight operations (scheduled test flight). Ensures delivery of assets on time to meet the expressed needs of the flight crew, contracts organization and other involved personnel. Participates in pre-mishap planning, training, and practice alerts.
Under close supervision, uses on-line tools and resources to gather information on current weather conditions, planned flight routes, hazardous conditions and other flight information related to safety of flight and prepares information for briefing delivery to the flight crew.
Independently acquires, distributes and interprets for internal and external air crews a wide variety of publications (navigation charts, flight manuals, and other safety publications) required to ensure safe flight and to comply with governmental regulations.
Blackstone is a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone was founded in 1998, and has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry.
Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.