Fire Protection Dispatch Operator Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Mesa, AZ 85215, US
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Fire Protection Dispatch Operator to join our team at our client’s site in Mesa, AZ.
- Qualified candidates will be responsible for answering and entering emergency calls while simultaneously dispatching for and monitoring multiple fire and security radio channels with moderate to high volume radio traffic.
- Will be responsible for providing approved Pre-Arrival Instructions according to policies and procedures.
- Candidate will be responsible for making required and requested notifications.
- The dispatcher candidate will be professional and courteous with all customer interactions in person, on the telephone and on the radio.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask efficiently is crucial to effectively perform the minimum requirements of this position.
- Applicants must possess ability to hear and understand multiple sound sources while simultaneously and accurately documenting information in CAD.
- Further, candidates must possess ability to receive and communicate information accurately to and from multiple sources while multitasking.
- Possess a high degree of emotional self-control and maintain composure to facilitate performance under stressful situations in a collaborative team environment.
- Willing to take ownership or actions and mistakes.
- Accept and implement constructive criticism and feedback.
- Demonstrable measurable progress and improvement throughout the duration of the training program.
- Perform in a team environment.
- 1+ years of experience working as an emergency dispatcher at a Public Safety Answering Point (PSAP) or in a related role within Security + Fire Protection.
- 1+ years of experience multi-tasking and working in a team environment
- Proficient utilizing the Microsoft Office Suite
Shift expectations: First
Work schedule: Full time
Start time: 7AM End time: 3PMOT/DOT
Top 3-5 technical/software skills needed to perform this role/job:
- Must have experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must have keyboarding skills at a minimum of 35 WPM.
- Public Safety Answering Point (PSAP) is preferred.
- Any certifications required?: No- Successfully completing training is a contingency for this assignment
Dispatch center operates 24x7x365 and the candidate must be willing to work variable shifts, nights, weekends, holidays and overtime.
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry. Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.