Field Service Rep- ENG03 - Cleared On-Site Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Edwards AFB, CA 93524, US
We are seeking a qualified candidate to provide flight test support to the Global Hawk Ground Segment equipment at Edwards AFB. Candidate will Install HW/SW, checkout and debug HW/SW, design and develop solutions to problems discovered through installation, checkout, and use or system analysis. Determine root cause, develop, design and implement solutions or coordinate with customer and plant engineers to resolve issues. Interface with customers on short-term and long-term technical, operational, mission related and deployment requirements. Develop, coordinate and implement plans to achieve customer requirements. Analyze system performance vs. technical requirements, research and make HW/SW improvement recommendations.
- 5+ years HW/SW maintenance/troubleshooting/design skills for UNIX systems
- UNIX general system administration
- Direct experience on SUN and/or SGI workstations (or equivalent UNIX platform), Ethernet networks (Fast/Giga), routers and switches
- General knowledge of networking (servers/hubs/switches/routers) and TCP/IP
- UNIX coding/debugging; experience in ATM LANs, long haul links, RF links, VOIP, and data communications
- Experience with scripting, C++, Java, Perl, Python, Sybase and/or SQL
- 4 years direct software development experience in Java, C/C++, and/or Python
- UNIX shell scripting experience
- System/Network administration experience in primarily Unix/Red Hat Enterprise Linux environments (experience with NIS, NFS)
- ESXi/vSphere – Virtual Machine Management
- Solar Winds
- Network and host monitoring and management
- Active Directory
- GPO and user management
- Postgres & general DB management
- HBSS – Host Based Security System
- Networking – General and specifically the Nexus technologies
- Win Server 2012
- Vantage – Vantage Viewer
- Cryptos KG75/175
- RF and data links
- Any familiarity with the Global Hawk Ground Segment a plus
- Experience or familiarity with HVAC, UPS systems, diesel generators a plus
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry. Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.