Director PMO Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
, New York,, NY 10016, US
Management - Technical
Contract to Perm
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Director PMO to join our team at our client’s site in , New York,, NY.
Our cutting edge Digital Streaming Client is looking for a Director of PMO.
This is a senior role for the Project Management function in the Media Platforms & Operations (MPO) Project Management team. The position will lead and manage a program to plan, track and report on the extensive portfolio of client.
The position acts as a key liaison point for MPO & Client's Technology & business stakeholders and teams and ensures cohesion with peers in the wider organization. The position is also a focal point for effective project delivery services to Business, Tech & Partner client groups and stakeholders, and ensures alignment with strategic goals and business priorities.
Position directly manages a US-based Project Management team and takes on other roles as necessary.
The successful candidate must be able to:
· Analyze large amounts of data to determine key trends.
· Analyze key trends and articulate if they are in line w/client’s Tech’s strategic objectives.
· Present to senior leadership (EVP, SVP etc.) in a clear and concise manner.
· Demonstrate a strong understanding of accounting principles.
· Demonstrate experience managing cost/synergy savings initiatives.
· Demonstrate advanced skills with excel (formulas) and power point.
· Define a structured approach for collecting, consolidating, analyzing, and presenting ad hoc data requests (example topics: Staff Labor, Non-Staff Labor, Facility Synergy Benefit Realization)
· Align Tech project mgmt. services with lines of business, external partners, departments and regions, across the whole range of services provided.
· Identify opportunities where technology can aid business growth.
· Lead, contribute and/or participate in cross-brand projects and initiatives.
· Manage relationships with Stakeholders, Business Operations, Facilities/HR/Legal and Technical Management.
· Resolve conflict within the position’s area of focus.
· Coordinate participation of different technology and business groups in requirements gathering, specifications, design, development and deployment of key projects.
· Comfortable ‘managing up’ to SVP level and above, and presenting/negotiating business case approvals & financial models at EVP/CFO/CTO level.
· Support coaching activity as necessary to support our Agile practice, and work with peers to identify opportunities to improve efficiency & effectiveness.
· Establish frameworks to analyze ad hoc topics (facility consolidation, business benefit analysis). Lead the collection, consolidation, and analysis of data associated with these topics.
Staff Management and Development:
· Manage and/or guide staff and their effective utilization.
· Mentor staff and conduct/contribute to performance evaluations.
· Provide guidance and motivation to team members to meet project goals, adhering to their responsibilities and project milestones.
· Ensure staff are getting appropriate targeted training and overall career development.
· Review and approve staff, contract, and freelancer timesheets where appropriate.
· Ensure that all team members understand and accept their roles and responsibilities.
· Occasional travel and willingness to attend late night/early morning calls due to multiple time zones.
· Builds and leads great teams.
· Solid knowledge of cost accounting and budgeting principles; Is able to effectively plan, forecast and track budget & resource
· Ability to create and deliver compelling executive-level summary reports and presentations.
· Understanding of Facility portfolio management & logistics
· Understanding of Accounting practices & Financial models
· At least 5+ years of experience in project/program portfolio leadership and overall 7+ years in project and release/lifecycle management.
· Experience in Financial systems, programs & projects
· Experience in Facility programs, projects & Facility/Real Estate consolidation initiatives
· Experience managing large, complex multiregional program & project budgets & business case realization (in excess of $2M)
· Experience/familiarity in accounting practices & financial modelling (Capex, Opex, Cost To Achieve, Synergy Realization)
· Extensive knowledge of Agile & Waterfall methodologies and related coaching techniques, with at least 3-5 years’ experience leading the adoption and/or management of appropriate methodologies at scale in a media and/or technical/related industry application.
· Experience/familiarity with Scaled Agile Framework methodology & techniques
· Experience mentoring project and operations management staff.
· Running projects & programs using traditional waterfall project management methodologies, as well as managing Agile/hybrid project delivery transformations & programs.
· Management of large distributed teams & pan-global cross-functional relationships
· Experience managing multiple, diverse, challenging, competing Stakeholder groups
· Strong program financial management acumen & experience, including Benefit Realization tracking
· Experience in Consulting &/or partnering with ‘Big Four’ consulting practices
· Undergraduate degree or equivalent in Finance, Accounting, Business Management, Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Systems or related IT field required and equivalent work experience.
· Graduate qualification in business Administration/Management, Business Analytics highly desirable.
· Financial and accounting qualifications/certifications highly desirable
· PMP/PgMP certification and/or CSM or CPO
· SAFe Practitioner highly desirable
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry. Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.