Director of Strategy Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
San Francisco, CA, US
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Director of Strategy to join our team at our client’s site in San Francisco, California.
We are seeking a technology veteran with a successful operational and product background to drive long term vision and corporate strategy for our next-gen cloud platform. We are building and launching several new cloud services based on deep experience with compute and storage for billions of mobile devices. In cooperation with corporate, we are launching several AWS-compatible cloud services to provide business units across the company & its subsidiaries, as well as future potential global enterprise and consumer markets.
This role will attune to current product and organizational capabilities, understand competitive technology positioning and growth opportunities, generate timelines, estimate budget and resource requirements to execute our strategy and provide our teams with a clear perspective on the market needs and value proposition for our products. You’ll work closely with existing commercial and executive leadership, as well as Corporate leadership, and work closely in the US and Suwon, South Korea, to propose and implement our strategy.
You are organized, positive, creative, analytical, and focused on allocating and aligning resources to serve the best interest of all stakeholders at all times. This is a hands-on, execution-focused role: You maintain a strong long-term vision that aligns with the company strategy and help articulate and move that vision forward across our teams, Corporate leadership and our users and partners. This role shall initiate, plan and execute a 5 and 10 year vision and beyond.
What you'll do
As with any fast-growing company, day-to-day responsibilities will span across the various phases of management and include deep interaction with department heads, Corporate product & finance leadership, and current & prospective users or partners.
● Research technology and market trends, internal Corporate technology and product initiatives, develop insights into what is possible, and uncover strategic opportunities and optimizations.
● Collaborate and generate company and departmental roadmaps based on customers needs and market opportunities, in coordination with Corporate leadership.
● Update, Revise and Track Short Term and Long Term Goals aligned across all Depts
● Optimize and Organize complete company operations and target deliverables to align with short and long term strategy
● Analyze market trends and competitive intelligence to generate business plans and forecasts.
● Work closely President and CFO to reach consensus across key decision areas, roadmaps or resource allocation.
● Plan and execute business strategy & goals in coordination with and consistently within budget.
You are a hands-on leader who can execute and evangelize a game-changing vision for our employees, partners and end users. In this role, you will iron out highly complex problems, gain insight into customer challenges and business goals to increase our adoption across our customer base. You will be key to evolving our value chain in Corporate & the marketplace to impact our top-line growth and profitability.
An outstanding candidate will have prior experience of in cloud services and technologies and a track record of strategic corporate and business development success.
● Excellent Interpersonal and Communication Skills, Executive Presence
● A Business or Masters Degree in Business, or Technology-related field.
● 5+ years of successful experience in a management role
● Advanced knowledge of cloud infrastructure and services products; IAAS, SAAS, PAAS
● Strong analytical, decision-making and problem solving skills
● Strong Financial Forecasting, Reporting, Processes and Controls background
● Experience managing a large P&L and staff
● Flexible Travel and Work Schedule, including trans-Pacific travel and virtual meeting schedules
● Strong Entrepreneurial Mindset
● A track record of leadership through influence, solid people management skills, and the experience to know the difference
● Ability to attract and retain talented team members to execute Joyent’s vision.
● Strong operational and/or management consulting background.
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry. Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.