Development Lead (Remote) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Herndon, VA 23238, US
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Development Lead (Remote) to join our team at our client’s site in Herndon, VA.
· Lead the evaluation of functional/business and technical requirements and identify gaps/risks.
· Direct and mentor teams of resources in technical delivery aspects including design and code reviews.
· Provide requirements analysis in order to create System Design Document to include detail software architecture diagram.
· Serves as the technical and technology expert supporting the crafting of the application architecture aspects of the solution, as well as supporting the implementation of the solution.
· Provides validation of proposed technical architectures and solutions.
· Reviews proposed enhancements to validate feasibility and assists with scoping and estimating work.
· In coordination with others, monitors and analyzes production performance, while looking for ways to optimize and scale existing solutions.
· Ensures strategies, standards, and architecture are consistent and well integrated across products.
· Approves architecture designs with a focus on standards, performance, flexibility, scalability and security.
· Make recommendations about platform and technology adoption, including database servers, application servers, libraries, and frameworks
· Write proof-of-concept code (may also participate in writing production code)
· Assist project managers in setting schedules for new technology adoption
· Keep skills up to date through ongoing self-directed training
· Recommend senior management on improvement areas
· Help application developers to adopt new platforms through documentation, training, and mentoring
· Bachelor' s degree in Computer Science or related field
· 10+ years of full-lifecycle application development experience and at least 3 years of experience using the technologies listed below and AWS cloud platform Experience in architecting and designing solutions and decompose them into modules for development
· 5+ years of experience using Agile, DevSecOps, Test driven development and other lean methodologies
· Must have implementation experience on using Agile project management tools (JIRA), and CI/CD pipelines for continuous integration, testing and deployment.
· Experience developing cloud native solutions according to industry best practices
· Experience in establishing source code management best practices (branching, repository structure, peer review process, documentation) to manage a code base as if it were open source
· Experience in establishing release management processes and standards
· Deep understanding of industry patterns for application architecture and integration
· Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present and comprehend technical details clearly. Must be able to demonstrate product demos to users and stakeholders, collect feedback and implement improvements.
· Ability to mentor junior resources, assist in technical troubleshooting, peer review the team member’s work products and validate
· Serverless application development using AWS Lambda, SQL and NoSQL databases, AWS services ( Lambda, S3, Dynamo, Kinesis, RDS, Redshift and several others).
· Experience with GraphQL OR RESTful development.
· Experience with AWS
· Master' s degree preferred
· The ability to successfully obtain and maintain a U.S. Suitability/Public Trust Background Clearance
Do you feel like you would be a great fit?
Skip waiting to hear back and our assigned recruiter for this position will give you a call!
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry. Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.