Design Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Sparks, NV 89432, US
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Design Engineer to join our Client's team.
General Job Description:
This position is responsible for independently delivering engineering services, from conceptual design through construction completion.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Complete project planning, coordination, and execution with some oversight
- Independently complete conceptual design through construction drawing development for multiple small and medium-sized standard projects simultaneously
- Create conceptual designs certified to Building Codes, Energy Codes, and LEED standards
- Responsible for HVAC calculations, design and layout of equipment, duct and piping systems on assigned projects
- Solid understanding of applications engineering such as psychrometrics, refrigeration, acoustics, and controls systems
- Appropriate engagement of engineering applications and/or managers in project decisions
- Proactively communicate and coordinate project designs with Project Management, Construction and Service departments, Controls, and other trade partners
- Conduct economic and energy analyses
- Field engineering: assist with project execution, trade coordination, scheduling, document management and problem-solving/troubleshooting, as required
- Responsible for the quality of design drawings and models
- Effectively and professionally communicate with colleagues and project team members
- Manage time to meet project schedules and task deadlines
- Oversee other design team members to complete project assignments when requested by Manager
- Strong understanding of engineering standards and project execution processes
- Other duties as assigned by Manager
- BS in Engineering or Construction Management
- Professional Engineer license is highly desirable, but not required
- 3+ years of experience with a Design/Build Mechanical Contractor or consultant
- Excellent understanding of engineering and design fundamentals
- Thorough understanding of systems and applications
- Excellent familiarity with Building Codes and industry standards
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and Revit
Blackstone Talent Group is a wholly owned subsidiary of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and software firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone's global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry. Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.