Data Modeler Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Houston, TX 77042, US
Seeking an experienced Data Modeler to assist in building and supporting the Data Warehouse. This resource will be responsible for separating different types of data into structures that can be easily processed by various systems. This resource will also focus on a variety of issues, such as enhancing data migration from one system to another and eliminating data redundancy.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Understand and translate business needs into data models supporting long-term solutions.
- Work with the Application Development team to implement data strategies, build data flows and develop conceptual data models.
- Create logical and physical data models using best practices to ensure high data quality and reduced redundancy. - Optimize and update logical and physical data models to support new and existing projects.
- Maintain conceptual, logical and physical data models along with corresponding metadata.
- Develop best practices for standard naming conventions and coding practices to ensure consistency of data models.
- Recommend opportunities for reuse of data models in new environments.
- Perform reverse engineering of physical data models from databases and SQL scripts.
- Evaluate data models and physical databases for variances and discrepancies.
- Validate business data objects for accuracy and completeness.
- Analyze data-related system integration challenges and propose appropriate solutions.
- Develop data models according to company standards.
- Guide System Analysts, Engineers, Programmers and others on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces.
- Review modifications to existing software to improve efficiency and performance.
- Examine new application design and recommend corrections if required.
- Bachelors degree in IT, Computer Science.
- 3+ years of experience as a Data Modeler/Data Architect.
- Must be an expert in using building data models with Erwin.
- Experience in meta data management and data integration engines such as Biztalk or Informatica is a plus.
- Experience in supporting as well as implementing Oracle and SQL data infrastructures.
- Knowledge of the entire process behind software development including design and deployment (SOA knowledge and experience is a bonus).
- Expert analytical and problem-solving traits.
- Knowledge of the design, development and maintenance of various data models and their components.
- Understand BI tools and technologies as well as the optimization of underlying databases.
Blackstone is a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone was founded in 1998, and has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry.
Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.