Data Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Colorado Springs, CO 80921, US
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Data Engineer to join our team at our client’s site in Colorado Springs, CO.
From professional empowerment to continual learning opportunities. From ongoing investment in new and emerging technologies to a career of self-determination. At our client, our tech team is critical to our scalability-and is recognized that way. We' ve been defined as a " mature start-up." A place where interdepartmental exposure, open doors, and genuine collaboration is ubiquitous. Where challenges come fast and furious, requiring agility, mental dexterity, and creativity. Where our passion for better solutions drives us and is core to who we are.
We' re engineering for the future of data, and it' s no-holds-barred. But for those motivated by continual change and ambiguity, by superior leadership, by whip smart colleagues who will press you daily for your very best, you' ll find that virtually nothing' s impossible here.
THE IMPACT YOU CAN HAVE:
The Data Engineer is responsible for supporting, planning and coordinating functional and technical activities related to data engineering in a highly dynamic and fast paced environment. They may lead team of engineers and developers to deliver scalable robust innovative technical solutions. This position is responsible for the delivery of projects involved in building real-time data pipelines, streaming analytics and developing machine learning solutions on our big data platform to enhance guest experience.
YOU' LL ACCOMPLISH ALL THIS BY:
- Development Creates and/or updates ETL processes. Creates and/or updates database schemas.
- Develops data engineering solutions on Azure Cloud Platform leveraging Azure Data Factory or similar.
- Maintenance Provides technical support and problem resolution for customer inquiries regarding data warehouse infrastructure. Monitors operating efficiency of existing data warehouse systems.
- Collaborates with cross-functional technologists ad business partners across the organization to gather requirements, solve new problems and deliver quality results. Maintains records to document data warehouse development and revisions.
- Analysis / Modeling / Design Converts functional specifications on business problems into database schema and/or ETL design specifications. Conducts analysis of organizational needs and goals for the development and implementation of data warehouse systems.
ESSENTIALS FOR SUCCESS:
- Bachelor' s degree in Computer Science, a related field, or applicable work experience.
- 8+ years of development experience in Big data platforms like Hadoop, Databricks on AWS, Azure or GCP cloud (GCP preferred).
- In-depth understanding of Big Data ecosystems underlying architectures to re-platform legacy systems and build integration solutions on AZURE platform.
- Experience in design and development of data pipelines leveraging batch and real-time data ingestion tools like Talend and spark streaming frameworks.
- Experience in digital marketing, retail media and customer data domain is a plus.
- Have a passion for new technologies, continuous improvement and actively involved with the team to design new data solutions, monitoring and alerting policies for data solutions.
- Expertise in Java, Python or any scripting language, SQL/NoSQL Database systems.
- Experience in Big Data tools and technologies such as Big Query, Databricks, Snowflake, Spark, Kafka Streams
- Experience in test automations ensuring data quality, continuous integrations build and deployment processes using Docker, GitHub, Jenkins and Unix/Linux shell scripts.
- Hands on experience developing complex services/solutions based on Enterprise Integration Patterns and Coding best practices.
- Proactive and able to own and lead large project initiatives.
- Possess a strong work ethic; takes pride in producing a quality product and a strong team player
- Work with production support and mentor consultants in an onshore / offshore model
- Support off-hours production issues and code deployments as needed
- Minimal travel required (training/conferences)
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry. Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.