Data Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309, US
9+ Month Contract
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Data Engineer to join our team at our client’s site in Fort Lauderdale, FL.
Our cutting-edge Media client is looking for a Data Engineer to build and maintain optimized and highly available data pipelines.
Primary Duties and Key Responsibilities:
· Design and develop highly scalable and reliable data engineering pipelines to process large volumes of data across many data sources
· Identify, design and implement internal process improvements by automating manual processes and optimizing data delivery
· Develop and promote best practices in data engineering
· Develop real-time data processing applications using Google Cloud
· Be part of the on-call rotation supporting our SLA’s
· Participate in design and code reviews
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience in a related field
· Five years of hands-on experience working in data warehousing or data engineering environment
· Advanced SQL programming skills
· Experience developing data solutions on GCP or AWS
· Experience in ingestion of data from external APIs and data stores
· Experience in design, build and operationalization of big data pipelines on Cloud Technologies.
· Strong experience in authoring, scheduling, and monitoring of workflows (Apache Airflow related technologies)
· Strong communication & interpersonal skills
· Google Cloud Certified - Professional Data Engineer certification would be a plus
· Knowledge of Git, Jinja2, Docker, Bitbucket, and Bamboo
· Familiar with a NoSQL database such as MongoDB
· Familiar with version control systems (Git and Bitbucket)
· Familiar with Atlassian products Jira and Confluence
· Hands-on experience with Apache Airflow or Google Composer
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry. Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.