Data Center Technician II-TCS Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Tacoma, WA 98402, US
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Data Center Technician II-TCS to join our team at our client’s site in Tacoma, WA.
This position provides tactical support for the physical Data Center, Server Room, and other infrastructure and assets. This position will help to ensure the uptime of the Data Center by utilizing their hardware knowledge, data center experience, and their monitoring skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- -Installs, maintain, and repair server hardware, or other equipment by racking, cabling, labeling equipment entering device data into Data Center Management application
- -Follow established data center guidlines and instructions to perform daily job functions
- -Monitors physical environments and systems within the DaVita Data Centers
- -Respond to, resolve, and document issues impacting the physical infrastructure of the data center
- -Maintain hardware inventory and maintenance logs
- -Required to work after hours on an as needed basis
- -Required to be on-call for after hours support
- -Works under general supervision and reports to a supervisor or manager, though some ingenuity and flexibility are required
- -Requires a high school diploma or equivalent
- -2-4 years of Data Center related experience
- -Capable of following written process without deviation CompTIA A+
- -Ability to left minimum of 20 pounds to a maximum of 40 pounds, able to perform repetitive standing, sitting, stooping, walking, stretching, reaching, lifting, and use full range of body motions
- -Have the ability to work on a step ladder for an extended period of time
- -Willingness to travel to different data centers within the property as required
- -Capable of dealing with confidential information and/or issues using discretion and judgement
- -Has a technical understanding of the Data Center and server architecture
Preferred Skill sets:
- -Some experience with a Data Center Infrastructure Manager (DCIM)
- -Technology Certifications including but not limited to MTA: Networking Fundamentals, MTA: Windows Operating System Fundamentals, MTA: Windows Server Administraction Fundamentals, or CompTIA Network +
- -Certified Network Cable Installer (CNCI)
- -BICSI Certifications for Network Cabling Design and Installation
- -Data Center Certified Associate Certification
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry. Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.