Cyber Security Controls Assessor - Senior Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
San Francisco, CA 94105, US
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Cyber Security Controls Assessor - Senior to join our team at our client’s site in San Francisco, CA.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Perform multi-platform (application, database, operating system, middleware, monitoring tools, and business processes) level assessments based on predefined test objectives and test plans. Perform retest of controls that have been remediated or updated as a result of previously identified deficiencies
• Obtain, review, and interpret evidence provided to validate controls are performed effectively.
• Prepare, plan, conduct, and report IT Compliance assessments in accordance with industry best practices and established regulatory standards and requirements (e.g. NIST SP800-53, NERC CIP v5, SOX, FERC, FCC/FAA)
• Develop test procedures and/or document recommendations for test plan modifications that improve validation of control objectives
• Obtain, review, and interpret organizational IT policies, standards, and procedures to identify control points that would assist in mitigating risk to the business
• Review test results or interpret evidence for vulnerabilities, gaps, or control deficiencies; work with stakeholders to establish plans for sustainable resolution
• Identify risks associated with control failures and support the identification of mitigating controls
• Analyze emerging legislation or changes to regulations and contribute to the development/ refinement of compliance strategy for areas of responsibility
• Engage management in discussion about creative, efficient, and effective was to improve internal data security control environment
• Partner with control owners to ensure control documentation is updated periodically to reflect current control environment and company standards
• Capture and report metrics for services and activities delivered to customers and/or as part of internal initiatives
• Serve as the point of contact for compliance for areas of responsibility
• Coordinates with SMEs preparation of data responses in support of audits
• Work closely with business partners to align overlapping compliance efforts and eliminate redundant work
• Perform other tasks as necessary to ensure that the Compliance meets its commitments to customers
• May provide consultative direction to less experienced team members
• Support the Compliance Sr. Manager/Manager as needed
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
• 5 years of general IT experience, including IT security or IT risk management experience
• Utility Industry Experience
• At least one existing certification from the following list, which must be currently maintained and valid: certification:
o Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
o Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
o Certified in Risk and Information System Control (CRISC)
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry. Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.