Configuration Manager Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Columbia, SC 29208, US
9+ Month Contract
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Configuration Manager to join our team at our client’s site in Columbia, SC.
Job Responsibilities: The Asset and Configuration Manager shall, under the guidance of the Network Operations Senior Program Manager, be responsible performing the following duties:
- Interface with the community, which includes project managers, developers, technical system owners and business system owners and serves as a resource for Release Management involvement on new projects and implementations.
- Support developers, users, and the Quality Assurance team regarding code storage, builds, and movement of code from development through the test phases and into the production environment through automation.
- Responsible for the build/deploy templates for automation within Release Management.
- Maintain accurate documentation for all change control and version control processes.
- Research, correct, and respond timely and accurately to issues.
- Weigh business needs against change control concerns and articulates issues to management.
- Promote approved software to test and production environments.
- Support Customer Engineering Review Board and Configuration Control Board meetings and decisions.
- Process build reports and coordinate with the project team to resolve noted discrepancies.
- Enforce and maintain Configuration Management Plans for different programs.
- Develop, document, implement, and enforce procedures for using the CM environment.
- Perform CM audits on the integrity of the software CM processes.
- Manage the CI process to include but not limited to developing CIs and populating the ITSM database.
- Assess project ticketing needs and make recommendations for best meeting those needs.
- Create and implement CM plans to satisfy customer requirements. Train team members on CM processes and requirements. Identify and correct deviations from established processes.
- Continuously evaluate how well CM plans are meeting customer needs. Suggest and implement refinements to the plans as needed.
Minimum Candidate Requirements
- 4 years of experience implementing, maintaining and managing IT Configuration Management in a complex IT environment
- 4 years of experience in implementing, maintaining and managing IT configuration management in a complex IT environment.
- Knowledge of IT Configuration Management programs, techniques, processes, and procedures.
- Strong oral and written communications.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Knowledge of how software works in a production and test environment and how to structure and organize product deliverables.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills conducive to team building.
- Ability to work as part of an integrated team, as well as independently.
- Experience running Configuration Control Boards, meetings and other required briefings as directed by the government.
· Active Secret Clearance
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry. Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.