Cloud Systems Administrator/Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Aurora, CO 80013, US
Contract to Perm
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Systems Administrator to join our team at our client’s site in Aurora, CO.
The System Administrator is responsible for troubleshooting, maintaining, and implementing solutions to optimize the infrastructure operations. Analyzes and identifies all or part of a company's existing or new computer (and/or server), peripheral, network, and telecommunications systems requirements, taking into consideration the special technology needs. Designs, implements, codes, tests, documents, and maintains systems integration solutions to total system or subsystems. Establishes functional and technical specifications, solves hardware/software interface problems, defines input/output parameters, and ensures integration of the entire system or subsystem.
- Must be a US Citizen with a current TS-SCI clearance with CI poly
- 5 years of experience directly related to Linux System Administration, including installation and maintenance of software and hardware
- Experience administering Red Hat Linux based systems with minimal support, to include Linux sub-systems, patching, packaging (RPM), performance tuning, networking, user management, and security
- Experience with automation frameworks (Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc.)
- Strong hardware/software troubleshooting skills
- Experience with scripting, particularly in shell scripting in sh and csh variants, Bash, Python, and PERL
- Experience with planning, deployment, installation, and upgrades of products within required timelines and resource allocations over multiple geographic sites
- NAS and SAN administration experienced is required
- Must be able to lift 35 pounds in support of hardware installations
- Must be able to travel up to 20% for installation support
- Must be able to support occasional after hour maintenance
- Required to provide pager (on-call) support
- Must have an active CompTIA Security+ or Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) Certification
- Experience with cloud infrastructures such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, etc.
- Experience administering Windows-based systems
- Proficiency with Enterprise-level administration of common services such as DNS, Sendmail, and LDAP
- Experience with recent versions of VMware (ESXi and vCenter)
- Familiar with version control systems such as git, IBM Rational Team Concert, etc.
- Strong analytic and research skills - must be detail-oriented
- Linux and Windows integration tools (Centrify, Samba, etc.)
- Installation and management of fiber channel switches
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and troubleshoot problems with efficiency
- Requires the ability to effectively interact with external personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations and vendors
- Communication and diplomatic skills
Activities to support other Agile Development Teams’ development efforts, including but not limited to:
- Deployment of COTS and application software
- This is in support of a regular cadence to deploy infrastructure baseline updates (and support application software deployments) across many (~50) Virtual Hardware Strings / Environments.
- Activities are coordinated via a daily coordination meeting with representation from all active components and solutions across the program.
- JIRA Ticket resolution:
- User account management/maintenance; resolution of login issues
- System/environment configuration changes
- Wide variety of troubleshooting, issue resolution, discrepancy resolution work-off (DRWO)
- Performance tuning
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients with the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry. Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.