Cloud Infrastructure Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
San Francisco, CA 94101, US
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking to join our team at our client’s site in San Francisco, CA.
Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
The Corporate Engineering team builds/provides services and infrastructure that allow our employees
to be successful. To accomplish this the team is dedicated to the mission of ensuring that the
underlying infrastructure is running smoothly and that systems and tools are working as expected.
We are hiring an experienced Cloud Infrastructure Engineer to report to Corporate Engineering
managing cloud infrastructure and capabilities. This role is important to scaling and optimizing our
business processes infrastructure as we continue our hyper-growth.
The impact you will have:
- You will work with different teams to make sure that the services we offer to the business are built for scale
- You will work with the Marketing team to co-managed AWS infrastructure for public websites and assets.
- You will work with internal IT teams to manage AWS cloud infrastructure and Kubernetes that run applications and middleware components for the business.
- You will work with developers to provide instrumentation to improve both quality and predictability of application or configuration deployments across infrastructure
- You will help define Service level agreements and processes working with the team to establish telemetry to monitor.
- You will build IAC (Infrastructure as Code) around IaaS system and Kubernetes deployments,
- You will improve service availability and disaster recovery of business systems as an ethos across the organization.
What we are looking for:
- 5+ years of experience or related experience administering cloud infrastructure in AWS and Kubernetes
- 4+ years of experience scaling production cloud systems while both secure and performant.
- 2+ years of experience programming in languages such as Python, node.js, golang or Scala is ideal.
- Have worked with IAC automation including Terraform and Cloud Formation
- Hands-on technical skills. Can write scripting or use DSLs to design deployment automation and CI/CD pipelines
- Familiarity with APIs and designing solutions to use interfaces and microservices architecture to build automation for infrastructure and instrumentation.
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry. Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.