Cloud Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Alexandria, VA 22314, US
9+ Month Contract
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Cloud Engineer to join our team at our client’s site in Alexandria, VA.
· Work with emerging and innovative technologies to develop solutions supporting innovation efforts around data analysis, process improvement, artificial intelligence, machine learning, and other software and systems that support the Foundation’s mission
· Design and develop automated deployment and patching systems across multiple baselines (machine images and containers) that support an AWS based innovation lab for a broad spectrum of users and initiatives
· Support lab users by establishing environments, support configuration changes, and updates
· Work closely with users by providing technical expertise and knowledge
· Proactively communicate and coordinate with multiple project teams
- 8+ years of experience with IT
- 4+ years of experience with scripting, including Python or Bash
- 1+ years of experience with Linux, including RedHat/CenOS or Amazon Linux
- 1+ years of experience with commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) software packages and support
- 2+ years of experience with cloud/AWS technologies, including S3, Lambda, Step Functions, Sagemaker, SQS or RDS
- 1+ years of experience with Containerization, including Docker and Container orchestration and security technologies, including Kubernetes or Twistlock
- BA or BS degree
- Experience using Node.js, angular, or Ember.js
- Experience with leading and managing junior engineers
- Experience with systems development for federal clients
- Experience with configuration management tools, including Ansible, Puppet, Chef, or Salt
- Experience with innovation project and product analysis
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
- Possession of excellent multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry. Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.