Civil Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Box Elder, SD 57706, US
Contract to Perm
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Civil Engineer to join our team at our client’s site in Box Elder, South Dakota.
We are seeking a Civil Engineering Lead at HQ AFGSC. Headquarters Air Force Global Strike Command (HQ AFGSC), Directorate of Strategic Plans, Programs and Requirements (A5/8) Site Activation Task Force (SATAF) requires program integration office support located at various AFGSC bases, reporting to HQ AFGSC/A5F. This contract provides Advisory and Assistance (A&AS) to HQ AFGSC with essential expertise and capabilities to ensure AFGSC’s bed-down requirements in support of the MH-139 helicopter, B-21 bomber, Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) and other new weapons systems
What you'll be doing:
- Organize, direct and coordinate complex projects within critical segments of major operating programs involving facility essential systems and Real Property and Real Property Installed Equipment supporting the infrastructure of Bomber weapon system, Nuclear Command and Control Communications, and/or aircraft operations
- Serve as consultant and technical expert to senior subject matter specialists and/or agency officials responsible for broad program operations
- Provide assistance with planning, programming, developing requirements, cost estimates, and performing engineering management work for significant multi-phase projects that normally cross engineering disciplines and require professional technical knowledge of general engineering principles
- Participate on an engineering team and assist in the planning, survey, scope development, cost estimating, and phased scheduling of projects and requirements
- Evaluate and advise the Government on installation requests for new construction, renovation, and improvements of facilities and infrastructure
- Support the generation of independent Government cost estimates (IGCEs) for projects
- Ensure federal, state, and local codes concerning health, safety, and the environment are strictly adhered to in the project development cycle
- Coordinate the draft preparation and reviews of architect and engineer (A&E) statements of work (SOW). Assist with providing criteria and standards for specialized, difficult, and unusual requirements to include nuclear certification conditions
- Assist the Government with the review of engineering plans, specifications, and cost estimates of A&E firms or other design agents to ensure design excellence, successful requirements capture, and compliance with specifications and codes
- Provide assistance working with organizational managers, budget personnel, and engineering authorities to develop and gain approval for proposed construction, maintenance, and repair projects
- Provide project management communication support for large and complex projects requiring interface with stakeholders
- Monitor project progress at the installation(s), and provide inputs and guidance to higher HQ levels on performance
- Provide assistance on the inspection/surveillance of assigned projects
- Provide accurate, effective, and timely project close-out assistance and support
- Advise the Government on operations and maintenance procedures for projects nearing completion
- Provide assistance in project life-cycle review and post-construction after action reporting and lessons learned capture
What you'll need:
- BS in Engineering from ABET accredited college or university
- 3 years of experience in base-level or MAJCOM facility project planning, programming, and management
- 5 years of experience with engineering or project management support
- 5 years of experience with documentation of engineering goals, objectives and requirements
- 5 years of ICBM infrastructure and/or military facility management experience including operations management, design, construction administration and project programming
- Top Secret clearance is required
- MAJCOM or higher-level experience is highly desired
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry. Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.