BAUSI5-Database Administrator 5 - B23-Database Technology Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
El Segundo, CA 90245, US
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Database Administrator 5 to join our team at our client’s site in El Segundo, CA.
Primary Responsibilities & Expectations:
- Coordinate within highly dynamic multi-disciplined engineering environment to create/modify spacecraft databases for emerging and legacy proprietary programs addressing new capabilities and performing ongoing maintenance
- Resolve technical issues at the spacecraft system and subsystem levels. Concurrently plan, budget, and execute the development in support of key milestones
- Respond to requests from program leadership in support of internal and external customers
- Develop and sustain existing database management and viewing applications; as well as troubleshoot and resolve various software issues
- Perform database migration activities as required
- Develop data products according to spacecraft design, factory testing, simulation, launch, mission and on-station operational requirements
- Evaluate customer operational database needs to recommend suitable data solutions for mission success
- Support development of several data systems engineering related software applications used by operational teams for data visualization, validation, and maintenance
- Contribute to the creation of new distributed components and interactions that align with the future system architecture
- Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in Aerospace Engineering
- 3 or more years of experience working with relational databases such as MySQL, Sybase, PostgreSQL
- 3 or more years of experience in software development or test using languages such as java, C++, and/or python
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience with XML Telemetric and Command Exchange (XTCE), Consultative Committee for Space Data Systems (CCSDS) data, and object-oriented design
- Experience in a collaborative team environment using agile principles and a structured development process including code reviews and automated DevOps processes/tools
- Experience using team collaboration tools including Git, Bitbucket, JIRA, and Confluence
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 14 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+9 years' related work experience, Master+12 years' related work experience, 18 years' related work experience, etc.).
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry. Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.