Backend Developer - New York Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
NY, NY, US
Blackstone Technology Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Backend Developer - New York to join our client s team in NY, New York.
The Platform Developer is responsible for the development and maintenance of the backend APIs. This person utilizes their knowledge of Java development & web technologies as an integral part of the software development team.
- Design, develop, maintain, and deliver highly scalable and reliable APIs
- Collaborate with the development team and product owners to analyze, design, and implement user stories using an agile methodology.
- Write high-quality software code that complies with design specifications and meets development and support requirements.
- Develop unit tests and test changes using an agile methodology.
- Use a variety of tools to perform unit testing, automated builds, and source control.
- Participate as a member in Agile teams, and work with other team members to review user stories, estimate effort for user stories, and participate in sprint reviews.
- Maintaining current web and back-end features
- Learning new skills and technologies as company products and industry standards warrant
- 2-4 years of experience building RESTful APIs
- 2+ year of hands-on Java experience using Play 1.x framework
- Knowledge of Spring or Grails frameworks is a plus
- Ability to write SQL.
- Understanding of OOP
- Experience with Test-Driven Development (TDD) using JUnit, Selenium or a similar technology
- Basic knowledge of Unix
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- 3-5 years of software development experience
- Undergraduate degree in the field of computer science or equivalent
- Able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
Blackstone is a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone was founded in 1998, and has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
<br></b>Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry.
Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
</p><p><b>WHAT WE DO
<br></b>We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.</p><p><b>HOW WE DO IT<br></b>Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.</p>