AWS Java Developer (Jr+Sr) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Rockville, MD 20850, US
9+ Month Contract
- Responsible for design and building of applications for deployment in the cloud using Core Java as the main language
- Serve as senior technical resource in development team s efforts to determine the needs of the business that will simplify and automate the applications as well as make them more efficient.
- Participate in the software development life cycle to ensure sound Cloud solutions are implemented.
- Participate in planning, implementation, and growth of AWS footprint and service offerings - CloudFormation is key here
- Work with our current application teams to understand our current applications and security issues related to applications in AWS
- Address current and future issues regarding performance, security, and deployment activity
- Degree in Engineering discipline or Mathematics/Physics
- 3+ Years in Core Java Development - hands on coding and building of applications, features, upgrades, etc
- Understanding for automated deployments and different deployment strategies
- Demonstrated ability to implement a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services
- Basic experience with RDBMS technologies with some experience with NoSQL databases a plus
- Experience with SQL and S3 Bucket technologies, creating applications for deployment into AWS and usability once in AWS environment
- Passion for Justice, Integrity and Freedom - this position will have potential to directly see the work contribute to the prevention, identification, investigation and prosecution of criminals
Builder: Build solutions and be able to think holistically about engineering challenges and architecture.
Automator: An aptitude for automated system design and implementation in terms of Infrastructure Creation/Configuration and CI/CD.
Team player: Work with multiple technology teams like Network/security/Dev teams in an Agile environment.
Advocate: Be willing to spend time and knowledge to evangelize the common practices and tools
Be Passionate: Bring your positive attitude with you every morning; and Have Fun
Our client offers a very exciting fast paced work environment with internal activities to ensure a collaborative and efficient workplace and is committed to protecting the right of free and fair markets. APPLY ASAP!
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry. Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.