Avionics Technician IV Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Louisville, CO 80027, US
Contract to Perm
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking an Avionics Technician IV to join our team at our client’s site in Louisville, CO.
As an Avionics Technician IV, you will be using your skills and expertise to repair and maintain electronic systems involved with the operation of an aircraft. You'll be responsible for moderately complex installation, testing, troubleshooting, and repairing our aircraft avionics and electrical system components and keeping our aircraft in airworthy condition.
The Space Systems business area, based in Louisville, Colorado with operations in Madison, Wisconsin and Durham, North Carolina, designs and manufactures advanced spacecraft, satellites, propulsion and environmental systems, spacecraft subsystems and components for the U.S. government (including NASA), commercial customers and international organizations.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Leads a group through the build and test processes to support production efforts
- Completes parts lists, checks drawings, generates and processes engineering/document change requests, notices, and/or orders and other general engineer tasking with direction from Engineers
- Works with the program team to support the production schedules
- Performs wiring harness routing and installation in confined spaces following specified procedures
- Fabricates, modifies, and repairs wire harnesses; including circular and D-Sub connectors, potted connectors, and metal braid shielded harnesses per engineering documentation and required standards
- Tests electrical assemblies by manual and automated means
- Assists engineering with performing tests, collection of test data, troubleshooting, and assessing the manufacturability of new cabling designs
- Analyzes and develops solutions to complex electronic problems
- Performs basic mechanical and electrical removals and installations
- Performs and documents all work according to established company processes
- Observes all safety precautions when working with ESD sensitive hardware
- Maintains a neat and orderly work environment by operating with a “clean as you go” mentality
- Complies with all environmental, health, and safety policies and procedures
- Assists team member with non-avionics specific work
Additional Responsibilities Include:
- Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours
- Other duties as assigned
- Plans and assigns work for team members to accomplish management objectives in a timely manner
- Ensures that all team members have the tools, training, materials, and support required to do their work
- Performs internal audits and maintains a high standard of compliance to company policies and procedures
- High school diploma or GED equivalent and typically 10 or more years of relevant experience
- A higher-level degree may substitute for experience
- Related experience may be considered in lieu of required education
- Ability to understand and interpret moderately complex, technical schematics, diagrams, blueprints, manuals, and/or publications; ability to route wires per technical drawings
- Advanced skills with moderately complex avionics installation tooling, wiring, wiring repair, wiring installation, soldering' and crimping techniques
- Aircraft modification or spacecraft assembly experience
- Knowledge of manuals necessary to perform job
- Skilled using basic hand tools, operate ground support equipment, troubleshoot electrical/electronic systems, and measuring using a variety of basic and precision measuring devices relating to job function
- Familiarity with FCC and FCC GROL
- Ability to mentor and guide subordinates
- Basic understanding of spectrometer, Oscilloscope and/or Pitot static equipment
- Background in the Aerospace and Defense Industry, the US Department of Defense or US Military
- Clean room experience
- NASA 8739.4 certification and/or IPC-620 with Space Addendum
- Knowledge of reading, interpreting drawings, diagrams, and manuals; aircraft avionics/other systems; wire coding systems; avionics test equipment
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance may be required
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry. Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.