AV Tech III Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Fayetteville, NC 28302, US
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a AV Tech III to join our team at our client’s site in Fayetteville, NC.
The AV Technician position includes mechanical assembly, wiring, installation, and testing of AV systems in one of our partner’s Pre-Installation, Test and Check Out Facilities (PITCO) and in their customer’s facilities. The position also requires installing fiber optic cable (fiber certifications desirable), network cabling, cable dressing, reading/marking up wiring documentation and operational training of customer personnel. Technicians are called upon to troubleshoot and repair systems during installation and during ongoing support of facilities over the lifetime of the systems.
Specific position requirements are as follows:
- Requires Active TS with SCI eligibility.
- Minimum Travel
- 5+ years of experience in installation and/or maintenance of audio/visual systems.
- Valid driver' s license and reliable transportation.
- This position may require ongoing or intermittent use of a company vehicle. Selected candidates must possess an acceptable driving record in accordance to our policy.
Proven skills should include:
Mechanical installation, wire pulling, soldering, terminal crimping, labeling, installing fiber optic cable (fiber certifications desirable), cable dressing, rack assembly. Reading and marking up wiring documentation, knowledge of basics of television, computer video, windows computer environment, RS-232, infrastructure wiring standards, audio wiring standards, fiber optics, grounding and shielding, acoustics and sound, projection optics, lighting principles.
- Lifts at least 100 pounds at one time and 60 pounds for an extended period of time.
- Walks, climbs, lifts, squats, crawls, kneels, pushes, pulls and reaches overhead on a routine and repetitive basis.
- Possess good vision (may be corrected vision), the ability to see in color, and the ability to hear and communicate in English.
- Tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (including finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
- See details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- Listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
Specific desired experience, skills and certifications:
- Vendor certifications
- Understanding of Electronic circuit testing procedures and testing devices.
- Experience using Volt/AMP meter and related
- CTS from InfoComm, CFOS Certification from FOA Approved School Desirable
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry. Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.